✧˖° | 30

Pre-performance nerves were never a really big problem for me. At least, when I was shooting movies or dancing or singing or modeling in competitions.

However, performing in front of the entire Korean Independent School of Seoul was just a little nerve-racking.

"Hey." Min Ho came up from behind me in the hallway and slung his arm around my shoulders.

"Hi." I responded absentmindedly.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Fine. Why?"

"The talent show? Aren't you nervous?"

"Aren't you supposed to be celebrating?"

"Celebrating that finals are over? Nah, I'd rather see how you're taking the pressure of performing in front of the entire school in a few hours."

i actually had to perform in front of my whole school twice so this is giving me traumatizing flashbacks

"I'm not even sure why I let Yuri and Kitty drag me into this. I don't even need a 10-point boost. And it's not like they could kick me out of this school, anyway. My dad is too well known."

"And you're best friends with Yuri Han and Madison Miller. And you're dating me." he added cheekily.

"Yeah, that too, I guess. It would tarnish the school's image, not mine, if they threw out Eunha Novoselsky's daughter. Principal Lim knows how the internet is. She won't try."

Min Ho smiled. "Well, I know why you're doing it."

"Yeah? Why?"

"You're trying to support Kitty and Yuri. Honestly, I still find it unbelievable you three became friends. The Three Troublemakers. The Golden Trio."

"Two of them always get together," I whispered to myself.

"What?"

"Oh, nothing, I'm just thinking that I'm Harry Potter in this instance and Yuri and Kitty are Ron and Hermione. Does this mean that you're Ginny, and that you're Yuri's brother? (lmao the actors are siblings) Though I guess Kitty really should be Harry since she's the main character of the show..."

"What?"

"Nothing."

After getting dressed in our costumes and getting our fans backstage, we were almost ready to go on. Unfortunately, since the show has to have conflict one way or another, the script writers made it so that Yuri and Kitty beefed onstage during the performance.

Principal Lim ran forward to her daughter with a sense of urgency. "Yuri! I want you to come back home. I'll talk to Alex. I'll make sure you can get to know him."

"Alex? Alex, who?"

"Oh, I just assumed that Kitty..."

Yikes.

"Alex, our teacher, Alex?" She stared in horror at Kitty. "And you knew?"

With that, the music of the ongoing performance finished, meaning that it was time for us to go on.

"Yuri, I can explain."

That's not what you say when you want to explain!

"Guys! Not now!" I exclaimed, ushering them into their positions.

We walked onstage and got into our starting poses, waiting for the music to start.

"How could you not tell me?" Yuri asked way too loud from behind the fan.