✧˖° | 05

"Hey, you're the..."

"Portland Stalker, yeah." Kitty finished, "I earned myself a serial killer name on Day 1."

Q exhaled worriedly. "You know, I really shouldn't be talking to you. I gotta stay Team Dae."

"Please, Q. You shouldn't be talking to me either then, because I'm Team Kitty." I shot back. Kitty beamed at me proudly. Q's face became even more confused.

"You guys hated each other a second ago!"

"I have the right to be upset. I have to be tutored." Kitty justified.

"She does." I agreed. "Professor Lee wants me to tutor her."

"That explains it." Q mumbled. "I'm still Team Dae though."

"Does Team Dae know he and I have been dating for years, and the whole Yuri thing is weird and probably fake?"

"Weird, yes. But fake? Come on, life ain't a k-drama.."

Kitty suddenly diverted her gaze. She stared obviously at Dae as he walked in. She didn't even bother to hide it. I could see the slo-mo walk through her eyes.

That's what I thought. If Dae weren't here, she'd be back in Portland without giving her dead mother a second thought.

"You saw the heat crackling between us this morning, right? We were seconds away from kissing." she said, ignoring Dae as he sat down next to Yuri.

Q shook his head. "Maybe he's torn and confused."

"He's not confused. He's miserable." Kitty gestured to Dae as Yuri fixed his hair. All the other girls at the table doted over the two. "I know what I'm talking about, trust me. My sister, Lara Jean, was in a fake relationship with her boyfriend, Peter. Kind of my fault, then it turned real, and they're still together."

She smiled to herself, then her happy face vanished and her attitude changed. "But that's not gonna happen with Yuri and Dae. I know. I'm a matchmaker."

"Yeah, you're good at setting things on fire." I whispered so she couldn't hear.

Q yawned. Kitty turned to see another boy yawning.

"Okay, I still don't—" he began.

"You like him." Kitty stated straight up with a mischievous grin.

"Florian? No, no."

"You're a really bad liar." I told him.

"He was just yawning, then you yawned, and yawns are contagious, so..."

"He's an elitist. He thinks not liking Marvel movies is a personality."

I gasped, offended. "He doesn't like Marvel movies?? Real, though. The latest ones are selling. In a bad way."

Kitty shrugged. "Well, you're hot, he's hot, let's move into it." She started to stand up.

I saw Q's expression and frowned.

"You are gay, aren't you?" I asked. "I thought we established that already."

"Yes, I am."

"Come on, let me help you." Kitty pleaded. I put my hand on her shoulder.

"Let's not, Kitty. I'm still mad about him not liking Marvel movies."

I felt her freeze at my touch. Um, okay, weird. I thought.

"Thank you, but no thank you." Q refused tactfully. He slung his bag around his shoulder. "I'll see you guys later."

We bid him farewell and finished up our lunch.