✧˖° | 09

Y/N's POV

"Sorry we're late." I told Q as Ray and I joined the group for stretching. I watched Dae hurry right after us. He stood next to Kitty, and they started talking, which was excusable because I knew Q and he probably let them both in to talk to each other in the first place.

"Dae!" Yuri materialized from thin air.

I turned away with a small grin. Drama. Stuff was about to go DOWN.

"All riiight! Who's ready to go on a hike?"

I jumped at the sound of Min Ho's voice. He came fully dressed in black clothes and a stylish blue jacket and sweatpants. He also had tinted sunglasses on.

Although it was not proper Outdoors Club attire, I appreciated the fact that he looked good nonetheless.

"Min Ho!" Ray exclaimed through gritted teeth. "What are you doing here?"

Min Ho glowered at him like he was some sort of disease. "What? Can't hang out with my best friends?"

"Hey." Madison simpered, suddenly closing in on him from nowhere.

"Uh...!" he exclaimed, backing away. 

"I don't think we've met yet. I'm Madison."

He adjusted his outfit for a second before accepting her handshake. "Min Ho."

"I know," she replied adoringly.

Unable to hear more, I made a gagging face at Q. Taking the hint, he patted Min Ho on the back.

"We can talk on the hike. Let's go people! Make sure you stay hydrated... I really hope you guys used the bathroom, because there are none."

Ray fell back to talk with Yuri, which sort of unsettled me, but I let it slide since we were all friends anyway.

Min Ho did his best to catch up to me.

"Y/N, I've been thinking."

"Really? That's a first."

"Stop dragging me for a second, will you? I'm trying to tell you that I think we should date."

I halted, making Madison bump into me.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked him. He lowered his voice.

"Not actually! I mean like... fake dating."

I laughed because the idea sounded so ridiculous. "Fake dating? Do you think we're in a teen romance novel or something? Cuz that's a good book trope, but it doesn't actually work in real life."

"It'll be fun. We could tease the internet."

"Is this your attempt to rizz me up?"

"Uh, no? It's a suggestion. I don't want to do it any more than you do, but I feel like it's mandatory after the leaked pictures."

I put my hands on my hips. The photo of him carrying me was still engraved into my brain. I needed to take it—my brain—out and clean it with bleach. "What about Ray?"

"What about him?"

"We have something going on. And I can't avoid him. I tutor him!"

"Yeah. I can tell." he snapped. "You guys almost kissed."

I paused. "Wait a second. That was you! You called Principal Lim to Ray's friend's party!"

He opened and closed his mouth at a loss for words. "Wh— Why would I ever do that?"

"You were jealous!" I declared. "Aha! I knew it! You called them in the moment I was about to kiss Ray! That's why you're always so defensive about it!"