✧˖° | 15

"Well, I'm off. I have somewhere I promised I'd be for Chuseok."

I seized Min Ho's arm as he tried walking away.

"Where are you going?" I interrogated, already knowing the answer. And hating it.

He looked uncomfortable. As he should.

"Just going to see a friend. We have some business to sort out, and I've picked tonight to see them as to not be unwelcoming."

"Who are you meeting?" I demanded. 

"I told you, just a friend."

"And you're leaving already? That wasn't an optional question."

He smirked and yanked his arm out of my grip. "Relax, sasaeng. I'll text you later tonight; I know you're already missing me."

I could still hear him chuckling as he walked out the door.

Feeling unsettled yet helpless, I turned my attention back onto the conversation happening at the table and tried not to focus on him.

"No, thank you." Professor Lee was saying, brutally dumping Kitty's mashed potatoes back into the bowl. "I'm in the lactose intolerance majority. It's a commonality among East Asians? I'll just have some more of Min Ho's japchae." 

"Oh, I didn't know." Kitty said apologetically.

"Because you lack attention to detail." he said, shutting her off completely. "If you paid more attention, your grades wouldn't be suffering."

I suppressed an eye roll. Yeah, and if you weren't a bitter, resentful, sour, wrinkled old frog-looking ass man, your love life wouldn't be suffering.

Kitty and I swapped annoyed looks as Alex started prodding Professor Lee about his time abroad.

"Should not have chosen to teach at an international school." Professor Lee grumbled. "Western teenagers tend to forget their manners."

He threw a very targeted look at Kitty, who had just pulled out her phone.

"Yeah, and harsh teachers tend to pressure students because their own dreams were crushed decades ago." I whispered in her ear.

"Real." she agreed, then frowned. "You seem on edge. Did anything happen?"

"N— Well, yes. I found out that Min Ho's meeting some rich famous popstar tonight behind my back... Lulu, whatever her name is."

Kitty gasped. "Stop. Is that where he went? To meet another girl?"

"I mean, it's not that big of a deal because our relationship is fake, but I'm just hurt he didn't tell me."

"I totally get what you mean. I think I know where you're going with this."

"So I was thinking... maybe with your help—"

"You want to go spy on him, don't you?"

"Hey, hey, what would you do?"

"Spy on him, obviously."

"Okay, great. Now that that's established, let's do it."

Very quietly, Kitty and I snuck away from the table.

"Be back in a second," I whispered to Q. He gave me a knowing thumbs up.

The moment we exited through the cafeteria doors, we sprinted for the direction Min Ho went in.

"I can't believe he would do that to you!" Kitty exclaimed as we were running.

I scoffed. "I can. It's often easy to forget how much of a playboy he is."