✧˖° | 06

After the school day ended, I headed to the library to start tutoring other students. Sadly, I was not paired up with Kitty.

Dae was.

"Are you sure it's okay?" I asked her. She placed her hand on my shoulder comfortingly.

"It's okay, I can handle it."

I didn't think she could handle it.

I was instructed to tutor a boy named Ray. I had to admit, it was exciting.

Ray Yuan was one of the most popular boys in school, besides Min Ho and (now) Dae. He was almost six foot, with dark brown eyes and ruffled black hair. He was rather good-looking.

"Are you from here?" I questioned him curiously. 'Yuan' wasn't a Korean last name. But then again, neither was Novoselsky.

"I was born in China, actually." he replied. "I moved here when I was six, so I speak the language fluently. But everyone just assumes I'm Korean. What about you?"

"I'm half."

"Cool."

Ray was very laidback. It was refreshing to have someone around who wasn't obsessed with their studies, but at the same time, I could tell why he was failing his classes.

"Aren't you afraid you're going to be kicked out if you don't get better grades?" I asked after he slung his jacket off his shoulder and put his hands behind his back in a relaxed position.

"Nah, my dad is business partners with Mr. Han." he replied.

"Yuri's Dad? Principal Lim's husband?"

"Yeah, so I can't get kicked out. It'd be very bad for business, you see." He flashed a smile at me. "Why are you here?"

"Oh, my mom sent me here. I dunno, you might know her? Eunha Novoselsky?"

Ray immediately switched into a formal sitting position.

"You're Eunha Novoselsky's daughter?"

"Yeah."

"Hm. Makes sense."

I laughed. "Why does it make sense?"

"She's hot, you're hot... you look like her. That's all."

"Don't call my mom hot in front of me, that's weird." I mentioned, though I was grinning.

"Do you have anyone special you're talking to?"

"I mean, there's Min Ho. Our parents are friends and they want us to get together."

"Min Ho?" Ray rolled his eyes. "He's such a child. You deserve better."

"Yeah, like who?" I wondered out loud. We were definitely flirting now.

He shrugged. "I'm not saying. This has been fun, though. I'd love to hang out outside of tutoring lessons."

"Sure. I'm down."

"Tonight, maybe? My friend is hosting a secret party. You can come."

"Who'll be there?"

"Half the school."

"Which half of the school?"

He smiled lazily. "The better half."

My phone buzzed with a reminder. I picked it up. Ray's Party, it said. I began to get ready, first curling my hair and doing my makeup, and then putting on the new dress my father sent me.

It had come with a note that said "Can't wait to see you again. XO, Dad." I rummaged through my belongings to find the note and pressed it close to my heart. I would see him soon.