Wooyoung ~Useless~

Trigger Warning

Nothing too bad but there are bits that mention not eating so if this is triggering for you, please don't read

Also note that this is a long fic, over 10,000 words so be prepared to be reading for a little while

Wooyoung's POV

I bit my lip anxious and held onto Hongjoong's hand tightly as I sat in the hospital bed, waiting for the diagnosis from the doctor. I had taken a bad fall while practicing and I thought it would be fine but my ankle hadn't stopped aching since, in fact it was actually getting worse. I had done my best to just sit down through the concert but after I woke up sobbing the night before from pain, Hongjoong decided enough was enough and practically dragged me here.

"Just breathe Wooyoung-ah, it's going to be ok," Hongjoong said softly, reaching up and brushing my hair away to soothe me. Usually a touch like that would bring me comfort but I was far too anxious. All of the other boys were all at home, getting the rest they need, the rest Hongjoong should be getting as well.

"It's not going to be ok," I whispered, shaking my head. Hongjoong sighed and sat down on the edge of the bed, facing me.

"No matter what the outcome is Wooyoung, it's going to be ok. If you need some rest, no one will mind, we certainly won't," Hongjoong said.

"But Hyung, Atiny," I whispered.

"All Atiny will want is for you to get better," Hongjoong said. I just frowned and shook my head, leaning back onto my pillow and turning my head the opposite way to face the wall.

"Young-ah," Hongjoong said softly.

"Don't Hyung, just don't," I said tersely, clenching my jaw tight to try to stop the tears from welling up in my arms. I'm burdening him enough as it is, he doesn't need a crybaby on his hands as well.

"Ok, but I'm here for you aegi," he whispered, squeezing my hand gently. I didn't reply, just continued to stubbornly look at the wall.

It was only a few minutes later when the door opened and a doctor walked in with a nurse. I sat up quickly, while Hongjoong also stood and turned around, all the while continuing to hold my hand.

"Mr Jung, how are you feeling," the doctor asked me. I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat and gave a slight nod.

"I'm ok," I said quietly. Hongjoong gave my hand a little squeeze and I unconsciously squeezed back.

"That's good to here, has the pain reduced much after we gave you those pain killer," the doctor asked.

"Um yeah, I can barely feel it now," I said with a nod.

"Good, good, that's really good. Unfortunately though, I have some bad news for you," the doctor said. I heard Hongjoong let out a slight groan beside me but I didn't react, I couldn't. I just felt numb, knowing I just needed to hear how long I would have to sit out, I just needed it over and done with.

"What's the diagnosis sir," Hongjoong asked.

"It appears Mr Jung has sprained his ankle. Now it isn't a very bad one but given he's a dancer and very active, I cannot stress enough how important it is that he gets the rest he needs. If he overuses it too much while it's injured, he's going to do even more damage and it would cause even more issues," the doctor said. I still couldn't bring myself to say anything so as usual, Hongjoong went into his leader mode and spoke up.

"How long does he need to rest for," he asked.

"At this point in time, we'll give it four weeks with limited to no pressure on it. Afterwards we'll have another appointment and then reevaluate from there," the doctor said. Four weeks. Four weeks with no walking around, let alone dancing and performing. Four weeks. How much worse could I have messed this up?