San ~Shooting~

Trigger Warning

Guns, Blood, Death but no one named and barely mentioned
Edit: Some body image issues at the start

San's POV

Doing the opening performance at an award show is a privilege and we've been given that honour. I sat on the floor of our dressing room reaching forwards to touch my toes, to get a good stretch in and warm up properly. I don't want to pull an injury halfway through our performances in front on a heap of other Idols. As I was stretching, I heard footsteps and saw someone stop beside me. I continued to stretch, waiting for them to say something but they remained silent. I glanced up in confusion, wondering why they weren't saying anything. It was Wooyoung. He was standing beside me quietly, his head lowered and his shoulders slightly hunched. I was immediately concerned but that concern only grew when I looked closer and noticed that his eyes were teary. Wooyoung is usually really cheerful and energetic before performances, but sometimes he get's insecure, especially before big events such as this one. I jumped to my feet quickly, wrapping an arm around his waist and guiding him to the back of the room, slipping into one of the smaller changing rooms. I closed and locked the door behind us before turning back to Wooyoung. It was clear that he was panicking, the way his breathing was erratic, his hands shaking slightly.

"Youngie, what's wrong," I asked him quickly. Wooyoung just sniffled and shook his head, lifting up his hand to show me something he was holding. I recognized it immediately, his performance pants for tonight. That's when I realised he had his performance shirt on, but some sweatpants. I didn't understand why he was holding it out to me, but I grabbed it in confusion.

"What's wrong? Why're you giving me your pants," I asked him quickly. I panicked when Wooyoung suddenly burst into tears, shaking his head.

"Th-They don't f-fit," he cried. Huh? How could his pants not fit him? Wooyoung is in perfect shape, if anything he's a little bit underweight, too small because of all the diets he puts himself on.

"What do you mean they don't fit," I asked softly.

"Th-They don't f-fit me. I'm t-too fat," he cried. He started sobbing suddenly, yanking his shirt up to show his stomach. It's flat, no bump on it, nothing that would show him as being fat. If anything it needs more fat on it, but sometimes Wooyoung can't see that.

"F-Fat," he sobbed, whacking the back of his fist into his stomach. I lunged forwards immediately, catching his hands and tugging him into me, hugging him tightly to stop him from hitting himself again.

"They d-don't fit," he sobbed.

"Shh, shh," I hushed him softly, running my fingers through his hair to try and calm him down. It hurts me whenever he thinks he isn't good enough, whenever he convinces himself his body is ugly. It really hurts.

"You need to calm down Youngie, let me check it out and see what's wrong," I told him.

"I kn-know what's wrong. I-I'm fat," he cried.

"No, no you aren't Youngie, you aren't fat," I said firmly.

"Let me check it out," I added quickly. He was still crying but he stopped struggling in my arms. I stepped back and knelt, tugging his pants down quickly. He lifted his feet to help me pull them off before I slipped his performance pants on over his feet. I stood back up and pulled the performance pants up his legs and sure enough, they got stuck near his hips. I was shocked as I know for a fact that they fit less than a week ago and there is no way he's grown in any way in that time. Wooyoung got even more hysterical and I hushed him gently, bending back down to look over the pants and find out what the problem is. Because the pants are definitely the problem right now, I have no doubt about that. I fiddled with the pants, looking over to try and fix whatever problem it was. About 20 seconds later, I found it. There was a loose string that had somehow managed to get so tangled up, it had the pants tightened a lot. I quickly grabbed it and snapped it in my hands, untangling it from the pants so it was back to the originally size. Once again I stood, but this time when I tugged it up, it went easily.