Wooyoung ~Speak No Evil~

Being apart of ATEEZ wasn't always fun and games, it wasn't always helping people who needed it most. It wasn't always being on the front lines of the resistance, fighting back on the tyranny of the order as they tried to control all those who dared defy them. Sometimes it was gruesome, sometimes it was bloody, sometimes it was painful. But in the end, it was always worth it. No matter what, they could always say they were doing what was right, they were fighting for the greater good and they were protecting those too weak to protect themselves. It was always worth it, no matter what. At least that's what Wooyoung told himself as the days since he was captured slowly blended together, the pain never-ending and the realisation that he was never getting out set in.

Day 1

Hongjoong ran quickly through the halls, turning each corner swiftly as he followed the path he had been studying for days. Left, right, left, straight. He heard gunshots and explosions, but he didn't slow down. He had a mission, one of the most important missions he has ever had, and he needs to make sure it goes off without a hitch.

"The southwest corner of the facility has been taken out. All the available guards are heading towards the area. Hongjoong, how close are you," San's voice spoke through his earpiece.

"I just need a few more minutes, I'm almost there," Hongjoong replied.

"I've got eyes through the cameras, but I can't get into the room. There are two people standing guard out front though." That was Mingi this time. Hongjoong slowed his pace down as he got to the last corner. He moved to the end, pressing himself against the wall before peaking around the corner. He saw the two people standing guard in front of the door. They both seemed to be distracted as they were standing close to each other and talking. Hongjoong quickly slipped the gun from his pocket and made sure it was loaded.

"I can see the two guards and I'm prepared to take them out but is there anyone else nearby that I should know about," he asked.

"Negative. You're clear to go," Mingi replied. Hongjoong quickly stepped out from behind the wall, shooting three times and taking both guards out before they could even register he was there.

"Be careful inside Hongjoong, we don't know what's in there," San warned him as he made it to the door. Hongjoong ripped a keycard from one of the guards' belts and swiped it into the slot. It lit up green with a beep to show that it was unlocked. Hongjoong slowly and carefully opened the door with his left hand, keeping the gun held tightly in his right hand. He poked his head in first, glancing around the room to see if there were any guards inside as well. There was no sign of anyone, just a heap of odd-looking machines. Hongjoong frowned and pushed the door open slowly, stepping inside.

"Are you guys sure he's here? All I can see are a bunch of weird looking machines, there's no sign of any life," he said.

"Keep looking Hongjoong, he's definitely there. All of our intel showed that he will be in that room," San replied back. Hongjoong sighed but kept walking around and looking, keeping a tight grip on his gun in case someone tried to catch him off guard. The machines were quite large, each one different and Hongjoong tried not to think about what they could be used for. He was beginning to give up hope of finding Wooyoung in the room when he noticed something up the back. There was someone hanging in a machine against the back wall, their arms held above their head that was lolling down.

"Wooyoung," Hongjoong, called out, lowering his gun and running towards the person. When he got to them, he cupped their face and lifted their head up. It was Wooyoung. Hongjoong let out a breath of relief at having finally found him but worried more as the younger boy's eyes were closed.

"Wooyoung," he said quickly. At the second call of his name, his eyes finally slipped open. Hongjoong noted that his eyes were glazed over slightly and filled with pain. Wooyoung immediately jerked, trying to get away from his hold and Hongjoong quickly tried to calm him down.