Jung Wooyoung + Kim Hongjoong ~Hotel Fire~

Wooyoung's POV

"Wooyoung, hurry up. The ads are about to finish," San yelled out. I quickly finished washing my hands, briefly wiping them on the towel before running out of the bathroom and pouncing on the bed. San groaned but I giggled and crawled over, collapsing against his side. His arms immediately snaked around my waist, his chin resting on my shoulder.

"How do you still have so much energy? We've just done two concerts in the last few days," San said with a soft sigh. I grinned and snuggled closer to him in his arms.

"We're in Melbourne Sannie, doesn't it excite you," I asked. Sure, we've done two concerts in two days off so we're relaxing in our hotel room watching The Maze Runner on TV.

"Movie's back on," San mumbled and I quickly rolled onto my back to watch it.

"Hwa Hyung and Joong Hyung were asking if anyone wanted them to pick up something while they're out so I asked them to get some snacks," San said.

"When did they go out," I asked in confusion.

"I think they went for a walk about an hour ago," San replied with a shrug.

"Maybe we should've gone for a walk instead of being lazy like we are," I said with a giggle. San chuckled and ruffled nuzzled his head against mine lightly.

"Nah, I prefer this so much more," he said. We went back to watching the movie quietly. We were watching for a few minutes before I started to hear what sounded like running in coming from the halls. I frowned slightly and glanced at the doorway, feeling San shift slightly from behind me.

"Woo, can you smell that," he asked me.

"Smell what," I questioned, glancing at him as he sat up. He was also frowning and he quickly grabbed the remote, lifting it and turning off the TV before discarding it to the side.

"It smells like smoke," he said. I gave a little sniff and instantly smelt what he did. I glanced around the room but couldn't see anything so I jumped out of bed and ran to the window. I pulled it open and poked my head out, trying to figure out what was going on. It wasn't until I looked up that I realised what the problem was and my eyes widened.

"San, the hotel is on fire," I said quickly as I pulled back from the window. San immediately jumped up from the bed and ran to the cupboard.

"Youngie, put your shoes on," he said. I nodded and rushed to the doorway, putting on my shoes. San came up beside me a few seconds later, handing me my jacket. I grabbed it and slipped it on quickly while San put on his shoes. He opened the door and we were instantly hit by screams as people ran past.

"Hold my hand," San said quickly, reaching his out towards me. I slipped my hand into his and he tugged me out the door. We stuck close together, rushing down the hall with everyone else. I noticed some people going towards the elevators but I quickly pushed San away from it.

"I know darling, I know," he said softly. He swung open the door to the emergency exit and we joined the people rushing down the stairs. We were on the fifth floor so it took a few minutes for us to make it down all the stairs to get to the first floor. When we finally got to the lobby, people were still screaming and panicking, getting more erratic as the alarms finally started to go of throughout the building. Someone crashed into my back, almost sending me flying but San tugged me to his chest, cursing the man out.

"You ok," he asked me.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm not hu-." I cut myself off as I was hit by a sudden realisation.

"What? What's wrong," San asked quickly.

"Jongho's knee. He's rooming alone, how's he supposed to get down the stairs by himself," I said hurriedly. San's eyes widened as it dawned on him and my stomach dropped. Jongho is the maknae, the one person younger than me and the one person it's my duty as the older brother to protect.