Seonghwa ~Hidden Injury~

Seonghwa's POV

Dance practice lately has been going really well. We've all been working really hard and we haven't been making many mistakes, or at least the boys haven't made many mistakes. But due to them not making any mistakes, it's made it painfully obvious when I make any mistakes. As the eldest, I should be the one working the hardest and making the least mistakes and yet it seems to be the complete opposite. During the choreography of 'Inception', I tripped over and stumbled slightly. Yunho quickly went over and paused the music before turning to me.

"Hyung you need to relax a bit more, you're too tense and rushed. Just let yourself flow through it," he said. I went slightly red in embarrassment but nodded my head before getting back to my position. It was embarrassing and I was ashamed that I was the only one making mistakes, I should be doing better. As Wooyoung walked past, he pat my back and gave me an encouraging smile but for some reason, it only made me feel worse. I couldn't help but to think I wasn't on the same level as the other's and when we finally get to do our first concert in 2 years, I'll probably just embarrass the whole group with how bad I do. We continued on practicing for a while but I made sure to stay quiet and tried to focus harder but I just couldn't and I found myself second-guessing almost everything I did. I couldn't help it, it's just how I am.

"Alright, I think we can have a break boys," our choreographer called out a little while later. We all gladly went over to our water bottles and sat down for a drink. I leaned against the wall and took a few gulps of water before jolting slightly when there was suddenly something pressed up against my side. I looked to the side surprised to see Hongjoong drinking leisurely as he leaned against me. It's not that I don't want him to cuddle with me, it's that he never does so it's surprising, especially since we're at dance practice.

"You alright Hwa," he asked quietly.

"Yeah, m'fine," I replied, leaning my head softly against his. I put down my bottle and wrapped my arms around his waist, taking the chance to hug him. I took a deep breath and slowly begun to relax a bit. I don't get what it is about Hongjoong but just having him close to me sometimes just makes everything feel that little bit easier, breathing a little easier, thinking a little easier. He stayed me for the rest of the last few minutes of our break before we all went and got ready for the rest of practice.

Once practice was over, everyone begun to prepare to head back to the dorm (except Hongjoong who almost never leaves the studio because he's a workaholic), but I decided it would be better for me to stay back and practice some more so I can hopefully do better next practice.

"Are you going back to the dorm Hyung," Yeosang asked.

"Nah, I'm gonna practice. Can I trust you to keep everyone in check at home Sangie," I asked, ruffling his hair gently.

"I mean I can try but whether it'll work or not is debatable," he shrugged. I chuckled slightly at his words, knowing full well that they were true. I watched as the other's all left before finally turning to the speakers and walking over to them. I cued the playlist and hit play, rushing to get into my position and continue practicing.

I'm not sure how long I was practicing for but I thought I was doing slightly better. My moves were sharper, I was less tense and it was flowing better like Yunho wanted it to. I was getting into the zone, getting my groove on so I continued to practice a few different songs, over and over, trying to perfect them as best as I could. After a little while, I'm not sure how long but it felt like maybe an hour, I begun to feel a little off. I was more tired, my vision went fuzzy for a few seconds and my lips were slightly chapped but it hadn't really even been an hour I think so I didn't stop for a drink break and instead just kept dancing, not wanting to ruin the good rhythm I had gotten into. I must've gone a little bit too long though as during one of the run-throughs, there was a sudden sharp pain in my head and I got really dizzy, making me stumble and falls to my knees on the floor. I tried to gain my bearings a little but my vision blurred and my ears were blocked, it almost felt like I was underwater. In what felt like only seconds but could've been longer, I felt something warm on my shoulders, hands. There were noises but they were muffled and I couldn't quite distinguish what it was, or more specifically who it was but it felt safe. (That alone should've given it away instantly). I leant into the touch and arms were wrapped gently around me, pulling my head onto their chest I think. I slowly begun to come back to myself, my vision clearing and my ears unblocking and it was only then that it fully registered that it was Hongjoong on the floor holding me. I shakily lifted my arms and wrapped them delicately around his waist, hearing and feeling as Hongjoong let out a deep breath.