Chapter Thirty-Three: Jesse

Emin's POV:
Me and Julie were taking a walk, as it seemed to be a nice day out. Though, Julie noticed an unfamiliar face sitting by the tree. There was a new face here in Umicity.
They had red hair, and, I'm pretty sure their the same species as Little and Big Trouble because of the rest of their appearance. A part of me had a feeling they weren't a Troublemaker, since the brothers sister, Maddie, isn't, but I didn't want to jump to conclusions just yet.
"Hello?" I said.
"Oh, uh, hi.." they said.
Me and Julie introduced ourselves and vice versa, they introduced themselves.
His name was Jesse. She used she/her and he/him pronouns, and was genderfluid.
He seemed about as nice as we were gonna get, I mean he just met us so I don't blame her for being a bit nervous if that's why she was being a little mean.
We asked if he wanted to be our friend.
"Look, I'm not a "friend" person. Sorry." He turned away and walked away.
"Don't worry. Mabye she's just shy."
"You don't say."

We brought it up with the rest of the team later in the day. They apparently ran into Jesse at somepoint over the weekend. So, Jesse's been here for a few days already, but we all were met with a similar response.
With Milli, Geo, and Bot, Jesse just said mabye.
So, there is a possibility of Jesse being our friend and mabye a member of our team then.

A few days later we ran into Jesse again. He looked a little more tired, and seemed to look a little annoyed when we greeted her again, she shook it off quickly.

"You ok?" Julie asked.
"Um.." He turned off her phone. "Yea... just a bit tired.
I had my speculations. And a sense of deja vu. Before Oliver betrayed us, he would often quickly turn off his phone whenever we walked up to him. Looking back now it for definite was texting the Troublemaker brothers and didn't want us to see.

I shook this off. And we talked with Jesse a little more. She said he'd be our friend, but nothing more.

Well, ok, I mean it's something. Mabye he'll change his mind about joining our team at somepoint but we'll give it time and not rush it.