Chapter Thirty-Nine: Helping Hand

Quin's POV:

So over the next week or so Tallulah has been helping me get ready to go to the school, as well as her grandson, who I learned is named Oliver. He seems nice enough. He helped me get all my books and learn the basics before my first week while Tallulah got all my paperwork done.

Though, I came across another witch around, not from Umicity or anything and I wound up taking some of her powers. She had no idea what happened but she flew off before she could've seen what hit her. Yea, that was like, a few hours ago, so yea, hopefully now I don't get into any trouble with this.

Anyways, Oliver's been helping me study, and even helped me get a wand of my own. There were voices outside the door.
"Ah crap, that sounds like Emin and his team." Oliver said. "Look, stay here and continue practicing for a little bit, and I'm gonna see what's going on. You think you can handle being alone for a little bit?" It asked.
"Yea, don't worry!" I said.
"Alright! I'll be back later."

Oliver's POV:
I opened the door to see Emin, Milli, Geo, Bot, Arecibo Jr and Julie outside.

"Hey, what are you all doing here at this time of day?"
I didn't realize they had an older women with them. She was a witch, but she wasn't from Umicity or the village.
"Where's Tallulah!?" Emin asked.
"She's working, like I said, at this time of day for anyone who works or attends the school is studying or working. Since my grandmother is the principal she's busy currently, she won't be able to see you all for a few more hours. Why, what's going on?"
"There's some magic stealing creature out there."
"What?" It had something to do with Quin, didn't it. It was starting to come together now.
"Yea, it's urgent."
"Look, you can all stay in the guest home for a few hours until school let's out for the day."
"Wait, Oliver, shouldn't you be at school right now?"
"I'm taking today off, nothing important is going on at the high school anyways."
"Why are you talking the day off exactly?"
"Oh, new kid. I'm helping him get ready for his first week. Anyways.." I gave them a map of the village, as they haven't been around here too much.
"Follow the map and you should find the guest home, the school let's out at 3:25."
"Wow, Oliver, this is the most helpful you've been since before you betrayed us." Bot said.
"Oh hardy har har- now go."
Milli and Geo were giggling.
"Thanks!" Emin said.

Now, time to figure out what's going on with Quin..