Chapter Thirty-Five: Mixed Signals

Emin's POV:

I'm starting to trust Jesse less and less. Somethings definitely off, though, she continues to say that nothing's going on and this is just how he acts. Still, I don't like his mean attitude, and neither does everyone else, but we've been trying to be nice to her because maybe he'll start being nice to us in return.

But after how long it's been, which has been, like, about a month, month and a half, I have my doubts. Maybe he's with the Troublemakers after all. If that's the case, I need to find some evidence of this, and fast. If she is with the Troublemakers, then I can make sure all contact with Jesse and the Troublemakers is stopped immediately and stop another betrayal. Hopefully it isn't too late.

I mean, I was able to warn her about them, so it's not like she doesn't know their evil. Then again was it soon enough? Thats my main question. Even if so, and if he knows of the Troublemakers, and was potentially working with them, I hope that changed her mind. Then again, her behavior has gotten worse since I talked with him about it, so if that's the case then probably not. 

I went to look for Jesse, maybe I could look through a laptop, or his phone. A diary maybe? Any proof that Jesse is a spy working with our enemies, or at least proof he looks up to them. I found her laptop, and after a few passcode attempts, I was able to get in. Though, I didn't know where the heck to start, as the laptop didn't seem to have much on it. Honestly, the laptop looks brand new. I have a feeling she just got it.

He only had two accounts signed in. A Google account with an email, and a YouTube account, which only had one video from over a year ago of a cat. The account looked to be on the older side, and Jesse never said he had a cat or currently owning one, so I assumed the cat had passed.

There were a few apps in here as well, oh, they had steam, and My Singing Monsters on here. Seems to be it. I found a notepad app on here as well, which seemed to have something on it. 

Well, I feel like Team Umizoomi forced me to be their friend.

I d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ friends.

Why was the don't need crossed out?

Anyways, I'm only dealing with them for a little while longer and then I can cut ties with them. How though?

That doesn't give me much. What does this mean?

Either a, he is planning on betraying us for the Troublemakers, or b, I'm incorrect and she just hates us and/or the idea of having friends.

Guess he only befriended us to make us happy if the latter is true.

One week later

Thankfully enough, I wasn't caught by Jesse while looking through his laptop. I do plan on talking to her at some point, and hopefully not make it obvious that I went through his laptop.

Though, I haven't seen him in the past week, which was concerning.

Did she leave Umicity? Maybe I didn't have anything to worry about.

Ok, better to be proven wrong with taking extra precautions than be proven right in this case.

Well... actually...

We were all walking in the park, and when we got to the area me and Julie originally met Jesse...

Lets just say was proven wrong.