Part 14 Shu Ling's Act

Seeing that the dining room was silent, Gu Lin internally sneered.

'Come on, someone speaks, I must free my son from this woman!'

Unexpectedly before Shu Han could even open his mouth a feminine voice resounded through the dining room.

"I disagree! We have already decided on the engagement a year ago."

Shu-Ling smacked away Gu Xia's fingers and stood up from her chair and looked toward Gu Lin.

If you looked closely you could see a little white liquid dripping down her white thigh which was barely noticeable.

'I must not let the Gu family cancel the engagement! Gu Xia is the key for me to use to free myself from this heroine's destiny!'

'No matter what! I must not let them cancel!'

Gu Lin's ears perked up when she heard the Shu family's eldest daughter speak before anybody else.

Which of course deeply troubled her and confused her.

After all...

She's heard about her son's pursuit and his dog-licking history...

So, she knows that Shu Ling has always rejected her son's advances.

'What the hell? Doesn't she hate my son? Was she a tsundere this entire time? Impossible!'

Gu Lin slightly bit her lip with annoyance plastered on her confused face.

She was curious about the sudden change of heart so she needed to ask with a skeptical tone.

"Shu Ling, from what I heard and saw, you have always rejected my son's advances and always wanted to cancel the engagement so why aren't you agreeing now?"

Gu Xia showed a bright smile when he heard his mother's words.

As of right now, he wanted to run over and hug her tightly!

'My mother is the best! Looks like I won't need to do anything after all!'

Opposite to Gu Xia's happiness, Shu Ling was clenching her hands.

The sudden pressure from Gu Lin's questions really put pressure on Shu Lin, who was unprepared.

A little sweat formed on her forehead and her heartbeat began to accelerate.

'What do I say!? She's already seen the video evidence Gu Xia gave her... Wait! I have a good idea! This has to work!'

Clearing her throat Shu Ling put on a fake tender expression as she turned her head toward Gu Xia and smiled 'gently.'

"Mother-in-law... To be honest... I've actually loved Gu Xia this entire time. I was just too embarrassed to accept his advances and to be honest, I am a little bit of a tsundere."

She covered her cheeks trying to show off how embarrassing it was for her to say that.

*SPRT!!!*

Gu Xia who was drinking a glass of water suddenly spit out the liquid as he couldn't hold back his laughter when he fully heard Shu Ling's words.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

His laugh echoed throughout the villa.

"Shit! I can't breathe! That's the funniest joke I've heard in a long time!"

After a few minutes of purely laughing Gu Xia noticed his father was glaring at him with daggers in his eyes as if he wanted to kill him.

Seeing that he foolishly let himself laugh he knew he messed up.