Part 22 Gu Luo's Affair!?

After about a 20-minute drive back from the Shu Family's home, the Gu family arrived back at their private villa.

Getting out of the car, Gu Xia stretched his body as he complimented his mother who was currently unbuckling her seatbelt.

"I have to say, Mother, You're good at remembering my minor achievements."

Gu Lin slightly blushed as she put both her hands on her cheeks.

"Of course, I'll remember your achievements, every achievement you've made I know about... And I mean EVERY achievement."

For a second Gu Xia swore he saw his mother's eyes go empty for a split second.

Gu Luo, who got out of the car, ignored his wife and son and instead made his way into the villa without saying anything.

Gu Lin looked at her husband's back with a blank gaze.

She was utterly speechless tonight at how her husband acted in front of the Shu family.

'What the hell is wrong with him? He is the patriarch of the dignified Gu family and he acts like a pussy in front of a mere 2nd-rate family such as the Shu family!?'

'I must say I lost much respect for the man tonight...'

With a cold expression plastered on her face, she slowly shook her head in disappointment.

"Mother?"

Gu Xia, who noticed his mother's expression, walked over to her and placed his right hand on her left shoulder.

"!?"

Feeling her son's sturdy warm hand on her left shoulder, Gu Lin's entire body went red and her cold expression disappeared instantly and was replaced with a shy expression.

"Li-Little Xia? W-Why are you touching my shoulder?"

Gu Lin asked with her head facing downward.

Every time she feels her son's touch her heart flutters and she feels a sense of peace.

Gu Xia looked at his mother's shy appearance with a gentle expression as he asked her a question.

"Mother, would you like me to have a talk with father? Because the way he handled himself tonight was unacceptable!"

Hearing her son's words Gu Lin looked into his blood-red eyes with awe.

'T-This is how a dignified person from the Gu family should act!'

Gu Lin nodded slightly in response to her son's question as she whispered under her breath.

"If you don't mind..."

Gu Xia smiled.

"Of course, I don't mind!"

Retracting his hand from his mother's shoulder, he walked toward the villa.

The gentle smile on Gu Xia's face shattered and was replaced with a pure cold expression, his eyes which were calm were replaced with darkness.

Closing his eyes he spoke in his inner voice.

[I will be a little late... Don't worry it won't affect the plan, Li Min, be obedient and patient, I know your personality.]

Reopening his eyes, Gu Xia walked up to the villa's front doors.

Opening the doors, he walked inside and made his way to his father's office which was located on the second floor next to his parent's bedroom.

Walking through the hallway, all the butlers and maids slightly bowed their heads in respect when they saw their young master.