{ CHAPTER 8 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A certain brunette has just placed the last dish on the wooden table when the door bursted open and a number of men came flooding in, smelling the aroma and drooling once they saw the delicious food.

"Breakfast!" Shachi exclaimed, practically shoving past the other crew members and was about to grab a pancake when a voice called out.

"Where's the surgeon?" Sora asked, already seated on a chair with her arms folded. The said person stopped before he could even touch the food and quickly replied.

"Captain's still in his quarters, probably." With that said, he then pulled out a chair, followed by the rest of the crew, as they started digging in, occasionally throwing compliments at the brunette at how she was an 'oh-so' a great cook, to which she would nod in reply.

Just then, Law appeared from the entrance, earning a loud greeting from the crew. "Good morning, captain!", to which he only nodded. Seems he had some similarity with the brunette.

Walking to his usual seat and grabbing the newspaper on his chair, the ravenhaired then sat on it. Reaching out for the coffee beside his plate, Law then took a small sip and paused. He pulled the cup away and stared at it. 

"What?" Sora saw his reaction. "You don't like the coffee?"

It took a few seconds before Law replied and took a sip again. "No. It's just that this coffee has just the right flavor." 

He received a proud grin from the girl. 'I know right? I'm so good' was practically written on her face as the captain flipped the newspaper open, reading it as nothing interesting caught his attention.

After folding the newspaper back, he turned to look at the brunette, calling out to her. "Go to my room after breakfast." He ordered, earning a nod from the girl.

Breakfast went by, with the crew leaving a huge mess as they went out to do their duties, leaving the brunette to wash their dishes. Just as she picked up a plate, she heard a chuckle and looked up, seeing Natsu also picking up plates.

Sora knitted her eyebrows as she paused, observing the redhead. "I can do my task just fine." Said person also looked up after stacking his third plate, grinning at her.

"I'm the former 'temporary' cook, it's fine." He started, before continued to pick up the plates, stacking it up again. "Besides, how can I let a girl clean up all this mess?"

"I never thought you were a fan of chivalry. " Sora remarked, turning back her attention to the plates and imitated Natsu's actions. "...and I'm not feeble, mind you." She resumed, receiving another chuckle from him.

"I'm aware of that." He said, walking up to the kitchen as he carefully placed the stack of plates, beginning to wash it up. "Why don't you leave this to me and go see the captain? He's waiting for you."

The girl remembered the captain's orders and hurriedly walked up to the sink beside Natsu, placing the number of plates on it before jogging out, muttering a 'thanks' before disappearing into the hallways.

Just as she reached the said room, Sora then knocked on the wooden door and waited before hearing a muffle reply behind it. "Come in."

Opening the door, the brunette saw the ravenhaired captain reclining on his chair as he had his legs propped up on his desk, an opened book in his hands as he looked up.

"You called?" She asked, leaning on the door frame as she gazed the man a few meters before her.

"Close the door and come in." Was what she received as a reply as she obeyed and walked in.