{ CHAPTER 25 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Law was gonna get back at Sora for disowning and humiliating him.

It was their second day on Lovely Island and Sora was preparing for breakfast in the kitchen.

The brunette heard the sound of the door opening behind her followed by footsteps.

Law reached his chair at the end of the table and pulled it out before sitting, picking up the newspaper lying on the table and started on reading it.

Sora took a mug and poured some coffee, walking over to the captain.

She placed it in front of him and took a seat at his side.

Law looked at her before returning his attention at the newspaper. "Next time, tell me when you've already returned. We spent a whole hour waiting for you yesterday when you were actually just in the training room."

Sora nodded without looking at him. "Yeah, sure."

The captain raised a brow at her half-hearted answer. Usually, the girl would give him an attitude at around this time.

He was about to ignore it when he remember something. Law looked up from his newspaper and folded it since there was nothing new before putting it back on the table.

"You know, Sora," He started, causing the brunette to look at him. "It's disrespectful to disown your captain like that."

The girl stared at him for a few seconds, blinking at times before she formed an '0' with her mouth and it dawned on her what he was talking about.

"Oh..that."

"What's with that response?" Law frowned. Well, it was understandable why he couldn't let go of that. He was insulted, and going by his character, he hated being insulted.

Sora shrugged. "What, are you saying that I should've said. 'Yes, this asshole beside me is my shitty boyfriend' and give you a sloppy kiss? How embarrassing."

The surgeon gritted his teeth. True enough, he guessed that it was also reasonable for Sora to do that. As far as he knew, he would rather stay single than be in a relationship with a girl like Sora. Having to put up with her attitude would be tiring as hell.

Instead of reprimanding her like he used to, Law picked up his cup and took a sip.

Actually, he wouldn't say this out loud, but he loved Sora's coffee. From the taste down to its temperature, it was just perfect. The raven haired knew that if the girl would find out about this, she won't stop boasting.

"By the way," Sora leaned forward and rested her chin on her palm. "When will we leave this island?"

Law continued to drink from his cup before eventually putting it down. "Tomorrow at noon, when the log pose sets."

Upon hearing a groan, the surgeon averted his eyes to the brunette, who had her head on the table.

"What's wrong? You don't like it here?"

Sora shifted her head sideways so that she can look Law. "This place makes me sick. It's so cringing, I feel like vomiting."

The captain placed the cup back on the table, leaning forward and crossing both arms on it. "Is that why you stayed in the sub for half a day yesterday?"

The girl only nodded in reply. An idea came into Law's mind and he smirked. "What, I never thought you were the bitter-type of person."

The brunette clicked her tongue. "I'm not. It's just annoying seeing all those people acting all lovey-dovey in front of me."