{ CHAPTER 97 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Sora opened her eyes, she found herself lying down on a bed.

A few seconds passed by with her staring at the ceiling, her mind figuring out the place where she currently was. 

Was it just her or did the ceiling seem familiar?

Sora blinked.

Also... what was I doing before this again?

The moment the question formed itself in her mind, scenes of what happened at the last island flashed in her memory.

Fighting. Vladimir. Her past. Kaze. Law.

As if cold water was poured on her out of nowhere, Sora sat up on the bed.

The last thing she remembered was stepping on the vial of glass, and a surge of light enveloping around her both and Vladimir, momentarily blinding Sora from her vision. 

Wordlessly, Sora looked around the room. The apartment she hadn't been in since about 2 years already. 

Sora scanned her body for the injuries she had sustained from the last battle, only to find none. She was as good as new. 

Law. What happened to him?

Immediately after, A knock came from the door.

For a split second, Sora stared at the door, still in the process of registering the current happenings. 

Sora was still staring when the second knock sounded.

By the time the third knock came, Sora swept her feet off the bed and quickly went to open the door. 

Could it be?

As she opened the door, party poppers popped off right into her face. 

"Surprise! Happy 22nd birthday, Sora!" 

Sora stared with confusion as her eyes landed on the strawberry cake with a fancy icing writing of "Happy Birthday" on top and the candles "22" being lit up. Slowly, the brunette moved her gaze to the person who was holding the desert in front of her. 

"Korinna?"

The raven haired girl beamed up, lifting the cake with one hand while her other hand held the party popper. "The one and only!"

For a second, Sora couldn't believe that the one best friend whom she hadn't seen in 2 years was now in front of her. A sinking feeling dwelt in her chest at the realization that the person she had expected to see at the other side of the door wasn't exactly the one standing in front of her now. Sora wasn't sure if she should be ashamed at herself for feeling so disappointed when she hasn't even seen Korinna for years. 

"Hey, girl, what's the long face?" Korinna's voice snapped Sora out from her thoughts. "It's your birthday! Loosen up!"

Sora frowned. Last time she checked, it wasn't even close to her birthday during the time she last fought against Vladimir, why would ---