{ CHAPTER 87 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time Sora had willed her boiling blood to calm down, Luffy had already thrown Law's battered body towards Robin, who summoned a net using her devil fruit powers to catch the surgeon. 

She vaguely noticed that the Tontattas had already escaped from the palace with Princess Mansherry and were already regrouping with them. 

Sora snapped out of her whirring emotions and ran after towards Robin as Law's body plopped on her net that was made of dozens of arms linking together.

Doflamingo yelled at the two women's direction about how Law was still alive and thus wasn't out of the game yet, before pointing a finger towards them with his trademark grin.

"Bullet Thread!"

Luffy kicked the Shichibukai in the chest to send him backwards, but his attack was already sent shooting towards Robin, who was just taking Law's beaten up body from the net.

"Robin!" Sora cried out, her eyes watching and widening as the tiny thread bullet projectiles whipped across the air and downwards. 

Before the attack could hit them, a figure flashed between Robin and the incoming bullets, the person's rapier raised high and deflecting Doflamingo's attack.

Robin blinked in recognition. "Cabbage-kun!"

If it weren't for Sora being so furiously raged at the pink Shichibukai, she would have doubled over laughing on the ground at the peculiar name. Cabbage? Were his parents obsessed farmers or something?

Upon reaching Robin's side, Sora heard Luffy yelling at Cabbage to take everyone and go while he went and beat Doflamingo, to which Cabbage was reluctant at first, but proceeded to concede nevertheless.

Cavendish ran off towards the edge of the field and called for Bartolomeo to form a barrier of stairs so that they could go down.

Meanwhile, while the rest of their group was busy fussing over Law's condition with the Tontattas discussing how they could perform a quick, immediate medical patch-up, Sora was standing a bit far off from the group, her hardened gaze locked on Doflamingo's figure.

The Shichibukai was too busy fending off Luffy, so his back was completely unguarded, and it took every inch of fibre in Sora's being to refrain from jumping in amidst their battle and give the pink bastard that one satisfying punch in the face. 

With clenched teeth, Sora finally teared her gaze away and stared at Law's body on the ground. The surgeon's body was so beat up, and the empty socket on his right shoulder -- where his arm was supposed to be, only made it harder to look at him. 

She could handle the sight of blood, but Sora wasn't a fan of overly gory sights. And to see Law being subjected by said gore... it wasn't.. exactly the best thing she'd seen all day. 

She preferred her boyfriend with an unsevered arm, thank you very much. 

With mild difficulty, Sora forced herself to not look at Law's mangled right side as she kneeled down beside the surgeon.

"Hey surgeon," Sora muttered loud enough for only Law to hear, and she was hoping he could still hear her despite his state. "you're not dead, are you?"

The slight heaving of Law's chest answered her question for her, so Sora took that as a 'yes'.

He couldn't even give her a verbal reply. Sora's frown deepened as the surgeon grunted occasionally, his face wincing in evident pain. 

Cavendish came back and picked Law up with his hands as the others except for Sora and Robin headed towards the edge of the field ahead while waiting for Bartolomeo's stairs to be formed, with the two women lagging behind.