{ CHAPTER 38 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why do people name their attacks?

To show off? For fun? To increase the effectiveness of their attack?

Sora has never quite understood the whole concept of naming one's attacks. I mean, think about it. 'Oh hey, I really wanna land an attack on my opponent. Lemme just yell at the top of my lungs so that they'll know where I am.'

And they end up annoyed at the fact that their opponent was able to block them.

Yeah... pretty reasonable.

That's why when Kaze told Sora to name a certain attack during one of their training sessions, it was a pretty much flat out "No."

Why?

"Why?" Sora repeated, equally shocked. "Who the hell names their attacks?"

Most of the characters in the anime world, apparently, but let's not dig deeper about that.

This is the first time I've ever met a wielder who doesn't wanna name their attacks.

The brunette lifted both arms and let them fall to her sides. "I'll either name my attack 'Strawberry Slice' or not name it at all. Your choice."

It took Kaze a few minutes to reply,

.....fine. Do whatever you want.

Sora walked over towards the far end of the room, sitting down and resting her back against the wall. Closing her eyes, the girl evened out her breathing. She estimated the time to be around near lunch and was contemplating on standing up and going to the kitchen or just staying on her spot.

To hell with this. Sora thought. If it was lunch, one of the crewmembers would just come and tell her, so might as well sleep while she can.

---was what she thought, when the door suddenly opened, the sound of it scratching the floors echoing throughout the once-silent room.

"I was thinking about coffee."

Without opening her eyes, Sora could already tell who it was.

"Well... it is quite an interesting beverage."

The girl imagined the person scowling at her response and it made her inwardly smile.

"I want coffee."

Sora finally opened an eye and saw Law across from her, standing in the doorway.

Of course, you do. Sora thought and stood up, walking over towards Law. "Is it time for lunch, yet?"

She saw Law look down at her and replied, "No, but it's time for you to put on a shirt."

Raising a brow questioningly, Sora followed the surgeon's gaze downwards and--oh. She was just wearing a sports bra as her top. Other than that, it had the word 'SWEET' written in big bold letters.

Now that she remembered, Sora did strip her shirt off before the start of their training that day. Oops.

The brunette looked back and saw her plain oversized gray shirt resting on a stool in the far corner of the room. She clicked her tongue. So she had to take, what, 5-8 steps back again? That's too much effort.

"Do I have to?" Sora turned her head forward again, shooting Law a tired look.

Law replied, "Yes. I don't want to have to spend the day in the infirmary tending to nosebleeding idiots."