{ CHAPTER 33 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't you just hate it when monkeys steal your shoes?

I mean, seriously, can't​ they just ask before suddenly whisking it away? Well, even if they'd ask, Sora won't let them take her combat boots, so it wouldn't make a difference anyway, but still!

Sora was pissed.

Why did some monkeys steal her boots in the first place, you ask?

Well, let's go ask our dear Cairon.

The next day after that awkward talk at the hot spring, Cairon asked Sora if she could go out and chop some wood for him.

Sora asked for what purpose, which Cairon dismissed with a wave of his hand, saying that he'll tell her later.

He handed her an axe and ushered her out, telling the girl that all she had to do was choose a few good and thick trees and wack 'em with the axe until the whole thing came toppling down.

Sora was reluctant at first, but Cairon managed to persuade her to do it, saying that it will be for her own good.

"It'll be a fun exercise," He said. "You'll like it."

Sora did not like it.

With the sun high up in the sky, the harsh ultraviolet rays pierced Sora's skin you could cook an egg on her arm.

The forest trees could only do so much in preventing the girl from becoming a charred toast.

Sora was grumbling as she trudged her way deep into the forest, avoiding low branches and tree roots. Cairon gave her a tip that the best trees were located deeper in the forest. For a moment, Sora worried if he was leading her into a trap. However, she waved the idea away as her attention moved over to the axe which she rested on her shoulder.

She wanted to get this over with. Fast.

After a few more steps, Sora got so exhausted that she didn't notice a monkey nearing her.

The animal waited for the right timing when Sora lifted her right foot off the ground and plucked it off her foot in one swift motion.

Due to the sudden pull, Sora tripped and landed on the ground on her stomach with an 'oof!', the axe landing a few inches from her, miraculously not decapitating her head off.

The monkey let out that typical monkey noise paired with a snort (if monkeys can snort), as if saying, Man, you suck. He then took off, waving the boot around like some natural treasure. So long, sucker!

Sora groaned before realizing that it was a bad idea since some of the mud were sucked inside her mouth the moment she opened them. Yuck.

Sputtering, the girl stood up and patted her clothes. She cursed out loud, this was her favorite forever 21 shirt and jeans. Plus she wasn't so eager on wearing Cairon's intricate cow-patterned suit.

Sora reached out and grabbed her axe. No way was she letting that stupid shoe-thief monkey get away with it. Cairon's tree trunks will have to wait.

Squinting her eyes in annoyance, Sora ran to where the monkey headed earlier. Her exhaustion was immediately replaced with a sudden gush of energy with the thought of whacking that damned monkey with her axe.

Should I start with its head? She asked herself. No, that would be an instant kill. Gotta make it suffer before it croaked. An evil grin crept its way into her lips as she thought of the worst possible ways to kill the monkey, because, well, you know.. Sora was just a very good saint like that.