{ CHAPTER 69 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jumping off a cliff, was, to describe it in simpler terms, a stupid decision.

Sora didn't know what came over her that made her run despite the throbbing pain all over her body. The only thing she could recall clearly was when she sat up and saw Law's hat flying away towards the edge of the cliff.

Her body moved on its own. Without thinking, Sora's legs pushed against the ground and she took off running, pass Law and towards the cliff.

However, she realized one important loop hole in her decision to jump, but by the time she did it was too late.

Sora fell at an alarming speed, the wind whistling loudly in her ears, while she clutched Law's hat close to her body. The scene around her was a blur, and she closed her eyes and refrained from screaming in fright.

Sora didn't know how long she was falling (it was kinda hard keeping track of the time when you're plummeting to your death), but before she could hit the clump of rocks jutting out below, she vaguely caught a whiff of a shade of blue obstructing her view.

The scene around her suddenly shifted, and Sora landed on a soft path of grass on the ground on her butt with a thud.

Even though her mind was still processing things, Sora was quite sure she wasn't dead just yet. Once her sight adjusted and her heart stopped beating nervously, she realized with a mild start that she was back at the cliff.

"Sora!" V exclaimed upon seeing her  heaving a relived sigh as he jogged towards Sora. He crouched beside her and held her shoulder. "Are you crazy? Why did you jump off like that?!"

Sora was about to reply when she locked eyes with Law, who was just a few meters ahead. He was stroding towards her, and the look on his eyes wasn't exactly pleasing.

However, Sora didn't notice any of that, and with a triumphant grin, held his hat up as if it were some kind of trophy. "You're welc----"

Law abruptly grabbed her arm and harshly yanked her upwards. Sora stumbled on her legs but Law didn't seem to mind that as he glared straight at her eyes, their faces in close proximity of.

"Why did you do that?"

Sora blinked. Even though Law didn't raise his voice, she could sense his pissed mood. "You're hat----"

"I don't need you jumping off cliffs to get my hat for me. Are you stupid?"

Sora was taken aback at hus rudeness. "Excuse me? A little 'thank you' would suffice, you know."

Law's grip on Sora's arm tightened the longer they stared at each other, and Sora could see his jaw clenching.

Law spoke slowly. "If you were out of my range, you could have died."

Sora knew that Law's devil fruit ability was what saved her, but she was still offended that he didn't even show the least bit of gratitude. Then again, something in the back of her mind told her that it was also partly her fault. Sora was just being stubborn to accept it.

"Captain, Sora-san! You guys were here!" A voice yelled with relief. "Oh, and V, too."

V, who was awkwardly still crouching while looking at the two arguing, stood up and dusted his ripped dress, muttering, "Oh sure, I guess you guys aren't too relieved to see me, huh."

Shachi and a few members of the crew had arrived at the scene.

After what felt like forever, Law finally let go of his hold on Sora and walked towards the crew, not even bothering to retrieve his hat from her.