{ CHAPTER 41 }

I accidentally pressed publish while writing. Sorry for that. I had to unpublish, then publish again after finishing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sora made a mental note to carry around a map of the museum.

Grumbling, the brunett scowled as she wandered along the corridors, stopping for a while to think about what directions she should go whenever she reached a point where the hallways would separate.

How many rooms are there, anyway? She thought, muttering something under her breath when Sora ended up opening a door to a random music room. If she recalled correctly, this was already the 41st music room she encountered.

Sora sighed and continued walking in the same direction at the same pace. Since she was the only one trudging around, the corridor had an eerie, almost-ghostly aura lingering around. The paintings only made it worse. Have you ever seen those paintings where the people looked like duck-faced psychopaths whose eyes seemed to follow you wherever you go? Yep, that's the one.

Sora told herself to focus on the seemingly never-ending hallway as different, unrealistically idiotic kinds of scenarios started to form inside her mind. Whaf if she'd stumble into a secret passageway and will not be able to get out ever again? What if Law and the others won't even bother to look for her if she suddenly disappears and they leave the island? Will it be the end of her short adventure?

As Sora was thinking of other dramatic scenarios, she reached and stopped at a room that had no door. Just a doorway.

At first, Sora thought it was one of those secret passageways and almost had a heart attack, but she was proven otherwise when she saw the room.

It had no furniture, no closets, no other doors, nothing. In fact, the only thing the room had was a black piano at the center, and a window that now showed the slightly-purple sky, a few stars now visible.

Sora stood at the doorway, staring at the piano with an unreadable expression. She looked around her before her eyes once again stopped at the instrument. Sora shook her head while closing her eyes and turned her body away, deciding that she should double her time and look for the staircase instead of wasting time.

But she didn't leave her spot.

The brunette had her back facing the piano as her thoughts unfurled, floating around her mind and only clouding her decision.

Sora closed her eyes once again, now sighing. Turning her body around, Sora faced the black grand piano and made her way towards it.

Dust had already accumulated on the piano, a clear sign that it hasn't been used for quite some time now.

Sora knitted her eyebrows together, slightly frowning. A piano as good as this seemed pretty sad that it was abandoned in an isolated room, away from the hands of a good pianist. It was such a waste.

Sora sat down on the stool. With a deep breath, she inhaled. The girl was acting as if this was some sort of meditation. Sora listened closely, if there were some unnecessary sounds, she needed to block them. Then, in a slow motion, she lifted her hands and gently placed them on the keys.

Just a few minutes won't hurt, right?

•••