{ CHAPTER 60 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day couldn't have gone a lot more awkward than it should've been.

In the end, ever since Sora's counter with Law in the training room, the brunette couldn't sleep a wink throughout the night. She seemed to forget her problems with Kaze too, seeing that the moment she arrived in her room, Sora plopped on her bed.

Sora got up around 5 am, which was an hour earlier than her usual, before heading straight to the galley to prepare breakfast.

What the hell was Law thinking yesterday? Why did he do that? Was there some sort of ulterior motive?-----

Subconsciously, Sora was biting on the fingernail of her thumb as she absentmindedly treaded down the silent hallway.

Of course! This is Law we're talking about, he wouldn't do something so unLaw-like like... 'hugging' me..!

Sora slowed down as a thought popped.

Law... he must have been hungry!

She hit her open palm with a fist, as if realizing such a thing was the biggest accomplishment Sora has ever done in her entire existence.

I guess even Law is affected by the 'You're not you when you're hungry' logic!

Feeling smug, Sora continued her pace and let out a triumphant 'Hmph!', an imaginary proud nose growing tall while she proceeded to have a conversation with herself in her thoughts.

Then there's no need to be weirded out, Sora! All you have to do is greet Law when you see each other again, easy peasy!

Sora finished her thoughts as an imaginary mini- Sora pumped up a fist of victory in the back of her mind. Just when she thought that she could do this, all hopes of 'acting like the usual' went out of the window the moment Sora opened the door to the galley.

Right there, sitting at the head of the table and facing her direction, was Law himself. Hearing the sound of the door opening, he was disrupted from reading the newspaper as the surgeon raised his head and locked eyes with Sora for the first time that day.

The brunette visibly froze in her tracks, and Law swore he literally saw the cold breeze passing  by Sora's form as she herself turned to stone-cold ice at the sight of him.

It was an agonizing 3 seconds.

"Don't show that kind of face to other guys."

"GOOD MORNING!"

Law slightly jolted at the loud greeting. It was like Sora was talking to someone who was standing a couple meters away from her, when the surgeon was literally steps away from where she was standing.

"Hn." Law nodded and went back to reading.

At his unenthusiastic reply, Sora unfroze and slightly frowned. Hn...?

She waited for a more heartfelt greeting, but was met with silence.

...