{ CHAPTER 62 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marines are good. Pirates are evil.

Ever since he was little, V was taught that way by his parents, who were both from the navy. Having been raised in an environment where strict discipline and rules are a must, the littlest of mistake could bring a hurtful spank to the butt.

However, V didn't dislike it. If anything, it fueled his drive to join the marines just like his parents and uphold the so-called justice the Navy always proclaimed everywhere they go, it was almost sickening to hear.

V always imagined himself to be the hero he wanted to be-----to a child, it would be a marine, of course. He imagined himself protecting the innocent from those who proclaim to be pirates, the ones who disrupt justice. As what was taught to him.

True to his dream, he was able to join. Training diligently, V worked his way up in ranks, bit by bit becoming the admirable marine he dreamed of.

He never, for the life of him, ever expected he would be captured and be forced to become the one thing he utterly despised the most-- a pirate.

Another thing he didn't expect was that the crew he was forced to join was far from the average pirate crew V encountered in his days as a marine.

They were loud, annoying, perverted, and abnormally lively that it made V want to strangle all of them, especially that one girl who manages to get on his nerves everytime she was within a 3-meter radius. But they were also welcoming, supportive of their comrades, and in his short time of unwillingly hanging out with them, V could also see how they would go to the depths of hell and back for a nakama.

That pissed him off.

Weren't pirates evil? Weren't they the type to not care, and could only focus on their own well-being and greed?

However there was something that pissed V even more, more so than when you find out that the food that you secretly hid in the fridge was eaten.

The marine he always dreamed to be, ended up becoming the one person V never wanted to turn into.

With no destination in mind, V wandered along the almost-empty streets of the village. He wore an expressionless face, one of indifference, as he let his thoughts go back to the information he just heard.

The marines here were abusing their priviledges and were harming the civilians.

Clenching his jaw, V knitted his brows into a deep frown, deeper than usual.

Without realizing, he reached the edge of the village and stopped just right before a path that led straight up to a cliff.

Raising his head, V allowed his eyes to follow the long path, until it stopped at the top, where he could see a large marine base with its surrounding walls.

So this is where they operate..

The young man had the urge to walk up to the gate of the base and demand why they were doing such un-marine-like things. But he wasn't that stupid. Walking straight into their territory with the way V was, especially how he was currently affiliated with the Heart Pirates, was as good as walking into a lion's den dressed as a lamb.

He could do no more than sigh at how pathetic his life had turn into.

So much for becoming that 'admirable' marine.

"Oi, hurry up and move!"

Snapping his head around, V thought the voice was referring to him. Turns out that wasn't the case.