{ CHAPTER 70 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Tell the captain that we've run out of oil."

Natsu paused,  mouth opened. He was in the middle of eating breakfast, and his spoon-filled rice hung suspended in front of his mouth. He slowly lowered his hand and raised a brow at Sora, who was standing beside him.

"The captain?"

Sora nodded, only deepening Natsu's now-frowning face. He looked pass her and pointed at the direction.

"But he's right over there."

Sure enough, Law was indeed sitting at his usual seat, chin on his palm and donning his usual poker-face while staring at Sora's figure.

Sora paid no attention to both Law's gaze and Natsu's question as she repeated her request. "Tell the captain that we've run out of oil." Then, like a robot, she stiffly turned around and headed to the kitchen counter.

Since breakfast started a few minutes ago, there were only a few members left in the galley.

Natsu blinked confusingly for a few moments at Sora before he turned to Law. "What was that?"

Law looked to be in deep thought. When Natsu called him out of his trance, Law seemed to process his question for a while before he slightly smirked.

"It's probably because of what happened a night ago."

Natsu slightly tilted his head, eyebrows creased. When it clicked, his eyes widened as his hand brought itself to cover his mouth. "The night ago---? No way, captain, you..."

Law's smirk was wiped off as Natsu leaned towards him and whispered, "You guys did it?"

Law blankly stared at him. Natsu continued to ramble on. "I mean, sure I told you to be more honest to your feelings, but I didn't know you were that sexually frustrated-----"

Natsu was interrupted abruptly when Law picked an onigiri and wordlessly shoved it into his mouth. Law then calmly sipped his coffee, with Natsu choking and hacking in the background.

::

Minutes after, the members left the galley one by one until Sora was the only one left.

With a chopping board and a knife in her hand, Sora swiftly cut the carrot that was placed on top into pieces. Her forehead lightly creased as the scenes of the night before replayed in her mind.

Law was silently staring at her with an unreadable expression. His hand was still on Sora's arm, and their faces were in close proximity as Sora stared back at him while craning her neck.

With Law's ruined hat still in Sora's hold, seeing the surgeon without it felt unnatural, but not in a bad way.

Sora immediately scolded herself for checking her own captain out. However, it certainly didn't help much when Law told her why she should inform him next time before jumping off cliffs.

"So that I'll be more prepared to save you."

Unknowingly, Sora's lips parted slightly as she gave Law a mildly-taken aback look. She probably looked stupid, since he smirked and teased her about her blushing face.