{ CHAPTER 36 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Being told "I thought you were dead!" isn't exactly the greatest choice of greeting someone.

Then again, some people think otherwise.

Law stared at her, speechless for the second time this day. He wanted to say something, to interrupt the silence that settled between them.

"..."

"..."

"I thought you were dead."

"Miss you too, Law."

The surgeon opened his mouth to reply, but slowly closed it again, failing to find the right words to say.

Sora raised a brow, amused at the pirate's speechlessness. It's rare for him to be so flustered. She bit the lollipop and started chewing on it.

Does the fact that she was alive shock him so much?

To make up for the added string of silence, her smirk returned. "The look on your face is priceless, Law. I was only gone for a week, so no need to be overly dramatic now, right?"

Law blinked, now feeling a tinge of irritation at Sora's nonchalant comment.

"One week?" He repeated with slight unbelief. "Sora, you were gone for a whole month."

Sora paused.

One month.

Wait..

One month?

Either Sora lost track of time or Law was high.

This time, it was Sora's turn to repeat. "Month? That's too much, Law, how can that----"

Then, Sora remembered.

"By the way,"

Sora stopped slicing the onion and looked over to Cairon as he continued.

"I have to tell you, time flows differently here 'cause of the curse. Don't be too shocked when you leave and find out that maybe a year had already gone by."

Sora hummed in reply, not really paying attention to Cairon's words and started chopping again.

With her jaw sightly open, Sora finally understood.

"Oh."

Law's eye twitched. "'Oh'? You disappear for a whole month and that's your reaction?"

Sora sighed and shrugged her shoulders, about to reply to Law when he interrupted her. "Where exactly have you been?"

So Sora told him everything. She may or may not have exaggerated her experience. Take a guess.

Law felt like he was getting a headache. Ketchup? Swimming? Kid pirates? Marines? Cursed island? Hot guy in a cow suit?

He couldn't tell if Sora was telling the truth or not.

When she finished her story-telling, she looked at Law straight in the face. "Anyway, what about you guys? How's it going?"

The surgeon gave her a dismissal wave. "We'll talk about that later. For now let's------" Law paused, noticing Sora's appearance.

Grease and bruises around her arms, and a few bit of scratches on her. Why didn't he notice this sooner?

"You look----"

"-----beautiful," Sora interjected, nodding. "I know. Can we move on?"

Law cracked a small smile. Guess even a whole month of different ordeals hadn't change her a bit. "I was gonna say you look like shit, but I guess it's fine."