{ CHAPTER 30 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Never in Sora's life had she ever thought about thanking the marines.

When she first heard the cannonballs, Sora assumed for it to be a pirate crew stupid enough to launch an attack on Kid's ship.

The moment she heard the announcer go off saying 'Surrender, pirates!', however, the girl was sure that it was marines. Who else would utter things like that?

Sora sat calmly as loud battle noises erupted out on deck.

She could use this opportunity to escape. Except her current situation couldn't agree with her plan

The girl looked down at her wrists once more and shook them, hoping that a miracle would happen and the handcuffs would just magically fall off.

Luckily for her, a miracle actually did happen.

The door to the room opened, and Sora looked up, squinting her eyes at the blinding light. If you add some dramatic background music, it would've been a pretty cool scene.

"Who's there?" The man called out. By the looks of it, it was a marine who slipped into the room in the middle of the chaos.

This was Sora's chance. "Me," Nice reply, girl. "Sorry, but, can you help me here?"

The marine came closer, gripping his sword and looking around him cautiously.

"Hullo, welcome to 'Sora's Boring-as-Hell Prison Cell!" Sora greeted with a warm smile as soon as he reached the front of the cell. "I make a bad host, but please, do make yourself at home!"

The guy looked utterly confused as he inspected Sora. He really knew how to check a girl out. "What are you doing here?"

Judging by his words, he didn't recognize Sora yet, even though she practically revealed her name right at his face. Either Sora wasn't really that famous yet or the guy was just slow.

"As you can see," The brunette raised her wrists and gestured around her. "I'm being locked up. Now, can we skip the talking and go on to letting me out of here?"

The marine nodded and felt the metal bars. "These aren't kairouseki stones.."

"Wonderful information! Except that it's pretty much useless at this point, so can you—-"

"Yeah, I get it." The guy cut Sora off, his voice straining. He was getting kind of annoyed at the girl, which wasn't a surprise.

He raised his sword and slashed the chains that locked the door of the cell. With a clang, the chains fell down to the floor and the marine stepped inside.

Upon reaching Sora, he knelt down beside her. "I'm going to slash the handcuffs, so just relax."

The brunette held her wrists away from her as the marine raised his sword and swung it downward.

Just like with the first chains he slashed, the handcuffs fell down to the floor with a clank.

Sora rubbed her wrists and beamed at the guy as she stood up. Was it just him or was there a hint of pity and guilt in her smile?

"Thanks, dude." The girl said before her face turned to a sad expression. "And I'm sorry."

The marine raised a brow. He was still crouching as Sora pulled back her fist and hit him right in the bloody nose, causing him to fall on his back on the cold floor, passed out cold.

The brunette took his sword and gave the guy a sad look once again. "Really, I am sorry. I kinda liked you though, but.. just, nope." And without wasting a beat, she sprinted off out of the cell and out on deck, where she just got caught up in the middle of chaos.