{ CHAPTER 59 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaze sighed in relief, swiping his forehead from the sweat before turning to Umi.

"Umi, you okay?"

The said woman was crouching, hands on her head as she refused to look up. Kaze frowned at the sight, but then again, she had just lost her island and husband. Not everyone can move on quickly from that.

Moving closer, Kaze sat down in front of her. "Hey, we're safe now. Besides, those guys ain't gonna lay a finger on you while I'm here." Placing a hand on top of her head, Kaze ruffled it softly.

Steadily, Umi lifted her head. She looked around and realized that they weren't on the island anymore. It was just plain white fog everywhere, she couldn't see a few meters ahead.

"...Where are we?" Umi asked as Kaze took both her hands and put it down.

"To explain things easier for you, we're at the place where I usually hung around when I'm not in my human form in the outside world. Strictly speaking, this is my 'home' and my realm," Kaze smiled. "That's why the chance of anybody invading here has a zero percentage from happening."

Umi seemed to understand more quickly then Kaze had expected, and surprisingly enough, she didn't ask any more questions. Guess most people who had just lost their loved ones would rather mourn silently than ask questions about a supernatural 'realm'.

Kaze stood up from his crouching position and looked around.

Even though I said that, if I let Umi stay here for long, I'll get in trouble.. it's best to move before the others find out I let a human inside a realm..

Having said that though, Kaze didn't have the heart to return Umi back when things were still chaotic. However, she was nearing her delivery schedule.

Raising a hand, Kaze ran it through his hair and closed his eyes.

Reno-san.. what bad timing you have.

Umi scrunched up her nose, doubtful of what she had just heard from Kaze. From what she could tell, a few days had already passed since they arrived in this 'realm', and Kaze decided it was time to move before his 'acquaintances' figured out he snuck her inside.

"Sorry?" Umi looked at Kaze, who was standing over her. "What did you say?"

Kaze sighed. This is gonna take a lot of time explaining...

"Listen, Umi. I'm gonna have to get straight to the point." Kaze sat down.

"The world isn't as small as you had probably imagined," he started, positioning himself so his legs crossed underneath him. "Actually, besides this one, there's another world that exists right now, and I can vouch that it's much safer there than going back----"

"WOAH, woah woah," Umi interrupted, holding up both hands and waving them in Kaze's face. "Hold the fuck up----another world? I swear I'm gonna slap you real hard if you--"

Kaze placed a hand on Umi's wrist and lowered it. "Let me finish," he sighed.

"We," he gestured to himself, giving Umi the idea that he was referring to his 'acquaintances' or guys on the same kind as him. "were given the knowledge and priviledge to go between these two worlds. In fact, our realms act as a bridge between them."