{ CHAPTER 9 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    

"You're coming with me."

The brunette stared at the surgeon with impassive eyes, while the captain just looked back equally. A good few seconds passed until Sora opened her lips for a reply.

"Why?"

"Consider it as punishment." Law reasoned, a hint of authority in his voice as he walked pass the girl, letting her follow behind him. "And you need some orientation about being a part of my crew."

As soon as the raven haired had his back on her, Sora immediately glared at him, dark aura emitting from her as she cursed under her breath.
Law, noticing the cold gaze he was receiving, smirked at her reaction but quickly frowned upon remembering her previous actions.

"Sora, where's your uniform?" He asked, not sparing her even a glance.

"...on the desk in my room." Was her reply, though Law noted her voice was mixed with irritation.

"..and what's it doing there?" 

"...Having more fun than me." 

The captain stopped in his tracks, letting Sora bumped into his back. Hearing a muffled 'ow', Law turned around, his face wearing a scowling expression. He didn't like it when people disobey his orders and get all smart with him with their sass. 

"Stop it with the jokes, Sora." He stated calmly, though his scowl completely contradicted it. "Just so you know, I don't like it when my crew disobeys my order."

Sora looked up, being much shorter compared to Law, much to her annoyance, only reaching up to 5'5 while her captain was 6'3. The brunette lightly narrowed her eyes at him. Looking up closely, he really was tall. 

"....Law, are you sure you're not wearing heels?" The captain felt an irk mark pop out and clenched his jaw.

"..Excuse me?"

"I'm sorry for disobeying your orders." And just like that, the previous conversation ended, with Sora acting like she didn't even ask such a stupid question in the first place.

Sighing, Law rubbed his temples and turned around, continuing to walk towards who-knows-where. This girl is gonna be tougher than he thought she would be.

"Wear your uniform once we get back." He ordered, quickening his pace. Sora, noticing his sudden change in speed, also quickened hers, now fast-walking beside the captain.

Law, upon feeling a slight twitch at his right eye, increased his speed a little and walked passed in front of her. The brunette squinted her eyes as a smirk danced on her face.

So that's how it's gonna be, huh, surgeon.

The raven haired blinked when, all of a sudden, a huge gust of wind passed by him, leaving a trail of dust as Sora was already a few meters ahead.

The brunette slowed her pace and peered over her shoulder, smirking as she did, but was quickly replaced with a frown when the surgeon was no where out of sight.

Where did he go...?

"Poor surgeon, can't even outrun m----oompf!" Sora was knocked on her butt as she ran into someone.

"Who can't outrun who?" A voice asked, causing the girl to open her eyes and was met with grey orbs staring down at her.

"...." The brunette just stared at him as the raven haired continued to look back at her with his usual stoic expression.