{ CHAPTER 48 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sora vowed to never drink again.

The brunette ended up rushing to the bathroom the next day, face as green as grass as she threw herself on the toilet, vomiting.

After that small embarrassing event, Sora stepped out of the bathroom and realized that she wasn't in her room.

As it dawned on her, the girl hurriedly left and headed to her room, a feeling of curiosity and confusion bubbling inside her. Sora didn't run into anyone along the way. She tried to recall the series of events that led to her somehow ending up sleeping on her captain's couch.

Alas, she had no idea what happened.

Whatever, Sora thought gravely as she reached her room and wasted no time in getting to her bed, plopping with her arms splayed out.

She just wished she didn't do anything embarrassing while she was drunk.

Sora rolled on her side and faced the wall, a wave of drowsiness washing over her. Already feeling sleepy just a few minutes of waking up? Is that normal?

Sora's mind went hazy as her eyes slowly closed, sleep finally enveloping her once again.

As the sound of machinery groaning reached her ears, Sora woke up the second time that day with an announcement.

They've reached Sabaody Archipelago.

Sora wasn't feeling fashionable today, and since she was too lazy to take a bath, the brunette opted for a jacket to cover the fact that she still wore the same shirt she was wearing yesterday.

Sora was dragging her feet as she slogged over towards the door, picking up her sword and strapping it to her waist before pulling her hair into a high ponytail.

After a few attempts, the girl finally got the 'perfect' ponytail, her arms feeling like a tone of weight as Sora hung them on her sides, heaving a relieved sigh.

Yawning, she left the room while rubbing her eyes.

When Sora pushed the large metallic door that led to the main deck, she was met with the sight of their newest member leaning over the railings.
V looked up from his position upon hearing the grinding noise of the door opening and immediately scowled when he saw Sora.

"What took you so damn long?" He growled as he narrowed his eyes at her. Damn that stinking surgeon for ordering him to stay and inform Sora. The ex-marine would've bolted the moment they docked on the new island had his heart not been stolen.

After closing the door, Sora trotted over to V. "I was sleeping."

She heard him scoff in reply, making her furrow her eyebrows. Why is he so short-tempered?

You would too, if your heart got stolen and you're forced to stay in a place you hate.

Sora lifted one shoulder in a half-shrug. Whatever.