Chapter 20

Honey are you still at the office? Becky's mom called her since its already late and she is still not home.

Mom sorry I need to finish some reports. Becky replied.

But aren't you forgetting something?

Forget what?

You promised Freen that you'll join her in her event, right?

Wait what? Is that tonight?

Yes. And Freen seems to be upset leaving earlier. I think she messaged you. Have you not received it?

Goodness. I'll call her mom.

Bec, why did you forgot. She told herself.

She broke a promise again because of her work.

Last time Freen also invited her but she was not able to go. Now its the same thing.

She finished her report immediately and tried calling Freen, but she is not answering anymore.

Maybe she is already busy at the event.

Becky why do you always forget.

She decided to just go straight home.

------------------------------

Freen is not in the mood the whole evening at the event. She was excited at first knowing Becky is going to join her, but since Becky is so busy at work, she decided to go alone.

Faye is also at the event but she managed to stay away from her.

After the event, Freen decided to go to the bar to have few drinks.

She is now a bit tipsy and decided to go home already.

------------------------------------

When she arrived home, Becky is waiting for her at the main door.

Hey, why are you still awake? She asked Becky

I am waiting for you. Seems like you went to the bar again. Becky is now interogating her.

I just need to have a few drinks. Thats all. Then she went closer to Becky and kissed her in the forehead. Then she excuse herself and went straight to their room to have a shower.

Becky is not liking how Freen not showing her true feelings right now. She is showing her that everything is okay, even though she is not.

She followed Freen in their room and waited for her to finish her nightly routine. 

Freen, can we talk? Becky told her when she went out of the bathroom.

Sure. What is it all about? Freen asked

Freen I know you are disappointed in me already since I was not able to join you on 2 events already. 

That's okay Bec, I understand. I know that your work is your priority now. I totally understand. Freen said as she is positioning her self to lay down already.

Becky just looking at Freen. She is really not convince with how Freen answers her.

Freen, (went closer) please be true to me. I feel much guilty with what you're doing. I know you're disappointed in me.

I don't want to entertain that side of feeling I have. I am doing my best to understand you. Freen told Becky in a serious tone.

But I am being unfair to you. You can tell me if you're mad at me. You can tell me how disappointed you are to me. I'll accept it because I am really that lately and I'm sorry about it.