27

"Really?

"Really? ...I'm so happy for you guys , and thank you for inviting me over this place is beautiful" i smiled , Issa invited me over to help her redecorate and I say we did a fine job .

"Thank you and yes , my baby is finally talking to me and I'm grateful I thank the lord everyday . we taking it step by step . now...tell me what's going on with y'all" she crossed her hands .

"Nothing. I've been bus-"

"Now briea ...don't sit here lying I know y'all not together anymore , I understand I just came back around but I do wanna let you know before my husband died , I was with him 22 years ...22 and through those years , it was a lot of growing , fighting , tears , apologizes , and lies....real love gets through it all now I'm not saying accept any and every because it's a point where you draw the line don't let no man walk all over you , but baby ...by the way my son talks and goes into trances while he talks about you ...he's in love and he misses you now it ain't my place and all that I just had to let you know" she threw her hand ups .

"Mama issa it's just ...im hurt like reallyyyy hurt , I've been finding unhealthy outlets to keep my mind off things it takes everything in me to not call him and text him I miss him so much " tears fell from my face , I quickly wiped them trying to hold myself together "he could have a baby and he lied to me about it ...he knew the whole time like I just feel like it's no coming back from that...especially after I told him about my situation with me not being able to have kids..."  she handed me a tissue rubbing my shoulders as I continued to release everything I've been holding in the past two months .

A knock sounded at the door , causing me to get myself together . 

"Hold on I think that's him , they went and got me some groceries love bug. Stay right here" she waddled towards the front door . If I didn't know any better I'd think she set me up .

"Go head and put it in the kitchen , I'll be back there in a second " she instructed Davon and Dave .

"Wassup briea" Davon nodded his head at me , I waved in response . Dave gazed at me a few times as he walked back and forth collecting the groceries.

"You have any plans ? I'd sure appreciate it if you could help me cook I know I done tired you out with these pictures and all that , but my back gets so stiff standing in there all day" she winced ,stretching her back .

"Sure I don't mind ...actually I'll cook for you what you got in here mama" I stood to my feet reaching for her hand. She smiled leading to me to the kitchen  then start pulling her ingredients out of the bags .fried chicken it was .

"Now ..if you need help with anything you call me I'll be right in there watching judge Mathis" she pointed to her living where large flat screen sat on the wall .

"Okay gotcha" I washed my hands getting started as I began prepping my mean . I connected my phone to the speaker playing sza as I maneuvered around the kitchen .

"Damn my mama let you in kitchen , it gotta be raining cats and dogs around this bitch" Davon chuckled pulling a seat from the island.

"She know a real bitch when she see one..hand me those eggs" I reached over the island grabbing them from him.

"Awe girl fuck outta here , chicken about to burnt as shit just watch " he sucked his teeth scrolling through his phone.

"Boy fuck you , you bet not even reach your hand over my chicken ima' pop your ass" I chuckled seasoning then battering my chicken .

"Hope you know that honesty was the only thing that could keep me from leavingggg" I sang along to Mariah the scientist spread thin , while cutting up my greens .

"You need some help ?" Dave voice carried through the kitchen . I shook my head no as I continued doing what I was doing .

"Uhm I'm about to go pick Nyla up I be right back" Davon slid from the island excusing himself .

"Nigga what"Davon scrunched his face , by that time time Davon had flew out the door . He took a seat watching me while I tried my best keeping my eyes off of him .

"Why you keep staring at me David" I sighed dropping my chicken then started my sides . "What is it"

"I miss you briea" he spoke

"I know that"I snobbed still focusing on my meal .

" I know you miss me too , you all over here at my mama crib and shit if you wanna' see me just say that" he chuckled rubbing his hands together.

"Actually she invited me over nobody wanna see you markiese don't flatter yourself for real , why you in here bothering me ? Hmm? You have a family to tend to don't you?" I propped my hand on my hip mugging him .

"Oh my godddddd bruhhhhh I told you I'm working on a dna ...she won't give me one like what you expect me to do" he shook his hands back and forth standing to his feet

"Uhn uhn stay over there ...don't even come by me..this ain't the time just leave me alone Dave for real" I took steps back and he took some forward.

"Nobody about to do nothing to you , probably been getting your fun in since you single now ...all in niggas sections and shit moving states and shit fuck you doing briea this ain't even you" he sounded concerned, sliding his hands in his hoodie tilting his head to the side .

"And I thought lying to me was the you but it's is so hey..I guess who both shook about it" I crossed my arms tapping my feet against the hardwood floor

"what's all that racket?" Mama Issa called from the living room , I calmed my feet turning my attention back to the food .

"See get out you getting me in trouble go home or something" I shoo'd him out my face .

"Nigga...this my mama house actually I don't gotta go a fuck place and from the looks of it you can't either so you ain't got choice but to talk to me" he sat on the stool crossing his arms.

"I don't have to do shit" I whispered . He was aggravating me on purpose , typical Dave . I wasn't about to feed into his bullshit.

"Yeah ight ...if we really over let me know something...do somebody got your attention right now ? Or you got somebody waiting on you?" He asked . I sat quiet stirring the Mac and cheese , I'm not a liar and I damn sure wasn't trying to tell him about Malcolm .

"Briea ?"

"Yeah Dave..I am is that what you wanna hear?" I sat my spoon on the napkin turning to face him

"Fuck you mean is that what I wanna hear I wanna know the truth just tell me"he shrugged slapping his thighs

"How you in here asking the questions like I'm the one that fuc-"

"Cause I'm the one at home sick every fucking day thinking of you , seeing how the fuck I can fix this , wondering what the fuck you doing, who Im losing you to , who pulling you into them while you pushing away from me that's why" he stood to his feet coming face to face with me . "So are you fucking with somebody or not?" His eyes scanned mines waiting on a answer .

"It's nothing serious we just friends" i sat with a blank expression amongst my face , Not really caring if he was mad or not .

"Friends" he scoffed nodding his head then biting his bottom lip "then you sitting here acting like you don't give one fuck , I know I fucked up but I would've never did this shit to you"he pointed at me . His face went from hurt to disgust in seconds .

"And I would've never lied to you but you did it with ease" i shrugged , keeping on my tough act . I wasn't in the wrong here so I wouldn't be treated like I was .

"Fuck you" he mugged grabbing his keys from the island , leaving the house . I stood with my heart in my ass instantly regretting everything I just confessed .

Hate a wanna be tough ass hoe now ya nigga done with you !😒😒😒