Chapter 18 : "Genius" and "Devil"

"Mayer, tell her the rules

"Mayer, tell her the rules. I do not wish to tell her the same thing twice."

Jungkook' methodically slipped off the chef uniform, while walking out the door turned to Lisa and said: "Clean up the kitchen."

Lisa looked at the work area, Jungkook' Fan had left almost no trace behind, all the traces of egg smears, tomato juice were all left behind by her......

"Can he really not see?" Lisa looked towards Mayer, seriously doubting.

"He is not totally blind. He can sense light and the movements of people."

"No wonder...... if he were totally blind, no matter what you said, I would not have believed he couldn't see. Is he...... still a Michelin chef?"

"Of course. And those food critics' praises for him now are higher than when he was younger. Probably because of the sight was weakened and leading to the sense of taste becoming keener. Also because of that, for any dish he tastes, his tongue will amplify any flaw exponentially."

Lisa suddenly understood the reason why Jungkook' Fan did not find any of the many snacks that she had brought him to taste good even if she thought they were snacks that she would never get tired of for twenty more years.

But even if her weren't totally blind, but being able to reach such heights in this field...... he's also a monster right?

Mayer looked at Lisa's expression, smiled: "Ms Lin, the 18 year old Jungkook' Fan may be a 'genius'. But for the 28 year old him to be able to be as he is now, is because of a 'devil' like determination."

Mayer told Lisa about Jungkook' As he showed her around to help her familiarise herself with the castle like villa.

Jungkook' made a name for himself when he was 18 years old, being the youngest chef in the food industry to receive a 3 Michelin star rating, not to mention the food industry was mainly dominated by French and Italian cuisine in Europe and America. He was like a dazzling meteor piercing through the horizons. Just as everyone thought that he was going to shine in this field, he was diagnosed with a brain tumour, and the place where the tumour was located was so risky to operate on, the doctors did not recommend surgery.

But the tumour was pressing on his optic nerve, causing him most of his sight.

Just as everyone was pitying him, and forgetting him, he was practicing day and night in that kitchen. Without his sense of sight, he could only depend on his sense of touch, smell, hearing and countless experiences of failure. 8 years later, when he reappeared in the food industry, his dishes surprised all. A perfect sensory experience without imperfection, he became the object of attraction all the gourmets flocked to.

And now, he was a legend in the food industry worldwide, every new dish that he produced will make many top chefs scramble to imitate, but there has never been a single person who was able to create the same taste as him.