Chapter 41 : The Comet Kiss

Jungook turned his head, leaning against the seat

The plane went through the clouds, and gradually stabilised, even the engine noise was reduced greatly.

"Do you need me to read anything to you?" Lisa asked.

"No need, I wish to rest." Jungook closed his eyes.

His hand left the back of her hand, and she felt an inexplicable coolness.

Lisa closed her eyes too, but the things that constantly appeared in her eyes were the different foods that Bruce had made, even the tastes had incurred a huge reaction. And at her ear, was the constant echo of the words that Iris had said to her in the bathroom, like a church bell echoing in the sky, even if she wanted to, there was no place to hide.

The plane quickly landed in New York, Mayer was there to fetch them back.

In the car, Mayer constantly reported on the operation of the restaurant in New York, while Jungook listened for most parts, occasionally saying a few short words.

Lisa looked out the window, but none of the sights entered her eyes. It was only till they returned to the villa, and Lisa had laid on her bed, far away from Jungook, that she had a sense of relieve.

She decided to let go of everything, and have a good nap. But she could not fall asleep.

Because she could not help thinking, if on the first day that she stepped into the villa, Jungook hadn't agreed to be her mentor, what kind of ending would it be?

In the end, she still decided to get up, and went to Jungook's kitchen.

She wanted to try, whether she had the ability to recreate the dishes Bruce had made.

That day's creamy carrot soup, was what David, the food association president favoured the most. The ingredients of this dish were simpler, the cooking process should also not be that complicated.

Lisa relied on all the teachings that she had learned this past few days, and the deconstruction of the flavour of the ingredients, to make a bowl of thick carrot soup.

When she first had a sniff of the fragrance, she already knew that she wasn't successful this time. Bruce's creamy soup, had the fragrance of the cream and the fresh sweetness of the carrot complement each other, but her own creamy soup was on the creamy side, the carrot already has its own sweet flavour, but the cream she used had sugar in it, when both were superimposed, the flavour of the carrot totally disappeared.

Lisa could only make the soup again, this time she chose to use plain cream. Although the creamy soup tasted a lot better that the previous one, the flavour was not up to Bruce's soup.

On the third try, she chose to use butter and half cooked the carrots before chopping them into cubes before boiling. Even though the fragrance overflowed, and the carrot's fragrance was thicker, the milky fragrance was covered. If more butter was used, it'd make the soup's viscosity lose balance.