Chapter 44 : Let's live together, Lisa

"Is that so? I happen to also have something to say to you," Iris raised her eyebrow and walked with Jungkook to stand below a tree in the courtyard

"What you did today was intentional, right? In order for me to acknowledge Lisa without knowing anything beforehand, you had Brody and Han Bin act as foil. Your aim wasn't even to taste the food for your new restaurant or tests the level of your new chef," said Iris with an extremely serious face.

From afar, Lisa who was standing at the door glanced at the two people beneath the tree. She was worried that Jungkook would argue with Iris.

"Yes. Using this method, I wanted you to discard your prejudice and make an honest evaluation. You already tasted out that these three dishes weren't made by me, yet your first response wasn't to think of Lisa. Instead, you thought that I wanted to introduce a new chef. In your heart, you have never acknowledged Lisa's talent, or even thought she possessed such capability."

"What talent does she have? It was just merely three dishes and nothing more. All she did was imitate them, anyone can do that." Iris raised her head in disdain.

"I didn't demonstrate to her how to make those three dishes, she relied on her own sense of taste to think of a way. In the end Iris, are you doubting my foresight or is it because of something else that's the reason for your dissatisfaction with Lisa?"

Compared to Iris' brashness, Jungkook appeared entirely calm.

"Indeed, I feel prejudiced against her. A girl who doesn't even have any experience or even feel any passion for this industry is treated so well by you. Haven't you ever thought about my feelings?"

"You're already outstanding, Iris. I have nothing that I could teach you."

Using the cane to support him, Jungkook's tone was unhurried and calm.

She laughed.

"Teach me? Is comparing notes in the culinary arts the only thing that exists between us?"

In self-mocking, she lifted her hand and poked Jungkook's chest, "In fact, in your heart you have already crossed the boundary from being just a teacher. I wait and see if you can change anything."

Finished speaking, Iris turned around and left.

Jungkook turned and walked to the door where Lisa was still standing.

She knew that the matter between Jungkook and Iris was something that she would never be able to step into, but she understood a bit about the purpose behind everything that Jungkook had prepared today

"Thank you."

Following behind him and treading on his shadow, Lisa lowered her head and uttered softly.

"Your voice doesn't sound confident at all so everything I've done has gone to waste.""

Jungkook's voice was cool, causing Lisa to feel a flash of helplessness.