Chapter 47 : Battle of the senses of taste

He reached the table, and leaned forward in her direction like he was trying to get a sense of where Lisa was

At that moment, Lisa held her breath.

Jungkook's line of sight just happened to miss, but his handsome face was so close to her, it made her feel good.

He placed the plate down, and on it was a red pyramid of candied haw.

This whole menu, was the things that Lisa saw Jungkook make when she'd first entered the back kitchen.

But that time, she drank 8 bowls of mint cabbage soup, don't talk about the main dish, she didn't even get to taste the appetiser.

Jungkook didn't say anything, and sat quietly across her.

The sunlight gently landed on his face, like all the indifference and coldness was melted off at this moment.

Lisa lifted her spoon, carefully scooping a haw, and putting it into her mouth.

Sweet, sour, and a little astringent, these were the flavours of sugar coating hawthorn. When the sweet freshness of the ice cream spread at the tip of the tongue, that moment of thought was like breaking out of the cocoon.

There were clearly 9 candied haws, but to her, it felt like she'd only eaten one piece.

The same taste, was like the cycle of reincarnation.

When she put down her fork, Jungkook who was in front of her had his expression as usual.

"I thought that this lunch was your test for me."

Lisa looked at Jungkook, she used to think that he was like a steep cliff, one you desire but cannot reach.

And today, when he was this close to her, even though he was expressionless, he still had a beautiful demeanour.

"Then, what do you taste? Or what thoughts do you have?" Jungkook asked lightly.

"Actually, the first time I saw you make quail foie gras, I was already very curious about the soup that you'd poured over the dish. Today, I have tasted it, and realised, that it wasn't any soup...... but apple juice."

"If it were three months ago, you wouldn't have been able to discern the apple juice. You've matured, Lisa."

"Then...... I started to think about how you out the ice cream into the hawthorn. This is really exquisite, if you put too much, the cream will break the balance between the fruit and sugar coating. If there's too little, the sourness of the hawthorn will be overpowering."

"this kind of balance doesn't happen overnight, it needs multiple trials. But today, you only need feel their flavours."

Lisa scooped up another ball of hawthorn, and placed it in her mouth, her eyes scrunching up.

With the warm sunlight, the male goddess eye candy, and the sweet candied haw that carried a little sourness, life couldn't possibly be better.

"You've said before, that candied haw tasted like having a crush."