Chapter 30 : Squid roll and absinthe

"I thought you'd only chopped the onions. It seems like you have performed pretty well in the back kitchen."

Iris's voice sounded, Lisa had a feeling that she had been pricked by a needle, and fiercely took her hand back.

She could vividly feel the moment that Jungkook clutched onto her, but not half a second of hesitation later, he still let her go.

"Thank you very much for your guidance." Lisa turned her body towards Iris to express her gratitude.

"I didn't even guide you in anything, the person who had been by your side looking at you is Pepper."

After saying so, Iris called for Pepper to come up.

She propped her chin, her eyes full of laughter looked at Pepper: "You've worked hard today."

"it was all what I was supposed to do." Pepper nodded, it looked like he had great respect for Iris.

"how did you feel about Lisa's performance today?" Iris's finger slowly slid across the edge of her brow, it was a casual stance, but it made Lisa feel a hundred times more pressured.

"Worked too slowly." Pepper used a stern tone to reply.

Iris seemed to have already expected this comment, nodded and smiled: "can't do anything about this. Before this, she hadn't even stepped into a kitchen. Apart from being slow, is there anything else?"

"She actually couldn't even recognise salmon."

Just as Pepper's voice fell, Iris laughed out loud.

Lisa's face turned red, lowered her head. She didn't even dare to look at Jungkook who was at the side.

"all these have to be taken slowly. Is there anything else?"

"she lacks initiative towards the work in the back kitchen."

Iris eyed Jungkook, like she was waiting for him to say something, but he kept silent.

"Pepper, she's bound to have some positive points ba. There should be some encouragement for the newbie." Iris pulled Lisa to her side, and patted her shoulders.

Pepper inhaled, and furrowed his brows.

Lisa was even more downcast. Didn't even think that it'd be so hard to just mention a positive point......

Even though she knew that she couldn't compare to these professional chefs at all, but that suffocating feeling lingered and couldn't go away.

"Chef, what do you think about the cutting of the salmon en croute?"

"Not bad ah, the fish meat didn't loosen, the structure was whole, the cut was neat, just as per your usual style." Iris's eyes showed obvious praise.