Chapter 21 : Polar Lights

Even the temperature of warmth of the palm was like an illusion, it seemed to be rising, becoming slightly hot

"Mayer, the next time breakfast is finished, ask her to wipe her face clean."

Jungkook spoke, with a cool voice, smoothly speedy.

Lisa touched her face, eh...... a spring roll crumb is still on her face.

The corners of Mayer's lips lifted as he delivered a serviette over.

The action of Jungkook wiping his hands was very showy to Lisa.

It was like she was looking at a male god with heart eyes, and having the male god say that there was gum in her eyes.

Lisa glanced over Jungkook's hands, recalling Mayer's words, she saw many fine wounds along his slender fingers. Their colours were light, probably because they were forged by a very sharp blade. Even his the web between his thumbs and index finger and the back of his hands had the same scars. He wore an exquisite men's watch on his left wrist, but at the edges of the watch, she could see faint and circular burn scars.

Mayer said before, Jungkook locked himself in the kitchen to practice for a whole 8 years.

This was the price he paid.

Other starred chefs were also cut by knives while honing their skills, were burnt by splashes of oils. But the suffering they go through in their pursuit of cooking, may not be as intense as what Jungkook goes through in a day.

Lisa let out a breath in her heart.

She indeed does not feel any sympathy towards Jungkook. Because sympathy is for those who are weaker than yourself.

And no matter skill or inner strength, Jungkook was obviously much stronger than the average person.

The car started up again, and moved towards their destination.

There are many high classed restaurants in Manhattan. All this time, Lisa's impression of high class restaurants was that of Lang Hua restaurant back at home, pompous and decorated atmosphere. But after coming here, she realised, the atmosphere and ambience was more important, and the one to one VIP service.

Polar Lights had no arrogant façade, and was very much like an ordinary western restaurant.

But after going in, she felt amazement. The nostalgic textures of the floors, the casual elegance of the velvet curtains, beautiful mood photographs hung from the walls, and empty cans of sauces, milk bottles of all sorts of shapes gave Lisa a refreshing feeling.

She stepped into the kitchen with Jungkook and walked through the narrow passage.

Many people lowered their heads respectfully towards Jungkook.

"Good morning, chief!"

This kind of greeting sounded one after another.

From their expressions and tone, Lisa could feel a sense of respect border lining on idolisation.