Chapter 39

At the Cathedral Y/n, Leone, Jinbei and Najenda were now seen standing over the corpses of the guards.

Najenda:" We caused all this racket and they still haven't come out." she said.

Leone:" Could they have fled?" she asked.

Jinbei:" No. They're in there." he said as Leone Observation Haki activated as she sensed Esdeath's presence inside of the building causing her to gulp.

Leone:" I-I can feel this creepy vibe coming off the Cathedral. No mistake about it. Esdeath's intent on hunting us down...." she said.

Jinbei:" Akame and the others should be invading from the sky in any minute." he said.

Najenda:( We needed Esdeath and the rest to be focused on us in order for the assassination to succeed. We have no choice!) she thought in her head.

Najenda:" Change of plans. We'll enter the church ourselves!!!" she said.

Y/n:" Got it!!" he said with a look of determination on his face as he was ready for the invasion.

Najenda:( We'll be in the most danger immediatly following the assassination. Esdeath will come to attack once she has no longer has to be attentive to her bodyguard duties!!) she thought in her head.

.

.

.

.

Back with Akame, Mine and Lubbock they were now seen with minor injuries as the Air Manta was laying on the floor.

Lubbock:" I knew it.... The Air Manta took all the impact with its body." he said with relief.

Akame then petted the Air Manta corpse with sadness.

Akame:" Thank you for everything. You helped us to the very end." she said.

Mine:" We landed right out front. Let's hurry into the Cathedral." she said before a loud crash nearby was heard from them as the trio turned to see Wave in his Grand Chariot Armor.

Wave:" You're not going anywhere. The one you'll be taking on.... is me." he said with a serious tone.

The Trio stood on guard.

Lubbock:" A CP7 agent!!" he said with a serious tone.

Mine:" Are we doing this? Even if he's not our target, we'll take him on 3 to 1!!! Without mercy!!!!"she yelled while holding Pumpkin.

Wave:" Come at me. You dirty assassins. I won't lose any more comrades. I won't let anyone else get hurt!!!" he said as he flashed towards Mine and was about to strike her on the head before Akame coated Murasame with Armament Haki and blocked his punch from going further.

Akame:( His armor's so tough..... My blade can't cut to his flesh..... He has no chinks in his armor.!!!!) she thought in her head in shock.

Wave:" I DON'T CARE HOW MANY OF YOU THERE ARE!!!!" he yelled as he coated his fist with Armament Haki and bypassed through Akame's defenses and punched her in the gut sending her flying through several trees.