Chapter 41

3 months after the assassination of Bolic a faction within the Fire Mambas which had arisen in the aftermath of his death finally spurred the religious organization to stage an armed revolt. They believed that setting themselves against the country responsible for such suffering was the right thing to do. They attacked the warehouses of government officials and viceroys who had enforced heavy taxes. The religion's leader didn't want all this bloodshed, but.... He bent his ears to convincing argument made by his executive team, that they needed the land and provisions to feed his growing flock. In response to the fresh turmoil, the vast majority of oppressed citizenry joined the Chaos. And so the scope of the revolt spread to every corner of the World. At the same time, as though waiting for the opportunity to present themselves, the West Blue tribes united to mount a massive invasion. The Empire's soldiers were unprepared and suffered series of defeats. And so the invaders came pouring in. The ruling powers grew concerned over the state of the Empire, both internal and external.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Honest was now seen walking in the gardens of the castle of the Emperor sniffling a little bit due to the cold and snow falling down.

Honest then approached Makoto who was seen kneeling down to a fountain with a perplaxed look on his face.

Makoto:" Prime Minister? I heard that our army has once again fallen at the hands of the West Blue invaders. Are we going to be okay? The enemy's just so big." he said with a sad look on his face.

Honest:" Now, Now. Who told you such things, your highness?" he asked with a gentle tone.

Makoto:" Seigi, The Administrator of Domestic Affairs." he told to Honest.

Honest:" I see.... Well, it sounds to me as if Seigi shirking his duties." he said.

Makoto:" What do you mean?" he asked innocently.

Honest:" He's responsible for dealing with the uprisings plaguing our Empire right now. Feeding you unfounded lies about the invaders only misleads you. Don't you worry about the enemy. I've already summoned Fleet Admiral Esdeath and her Unit." he told to Makoto, making the young Emperor relieved.

Makoto:" OH, IN THAT CASE!!!" he said happily.

Honest:" When an Empire's been around as long as ours, these things happen. But you have nothing to worry about. You keep doing as you always do and maintain the calm composure that reassures our people." he said with a calm smile.

Makoto:" You got it!!!! A Kingdom can never stand tall if its ruler shows weakness. Thanks, Prime Minister!!! You're always helping me out!!!" he yelled happily.

But deep down Honest felt that the situation was going downhill due to the recent events.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Honest was now seen eating his lunch with his son Syura.

Honest:" Darn it!!! All these rebellions and invasions of late are such pain in the ass!!! The stress has made he gain weight!" he said.

Syura:" GYAHAHAHAHA!!!!! IT'S BECAUSE YOU OVEREAT, POPS!!!!" he said in amusement at his father desperation.

Honest:" Well, that's only because these delicacies are so good. I sent my dear son on a trip..... even out of the Kingdom, but...... You came back better than ever... I couldn't be more please, Syura." he said while eating his meat.