Chapter 2: Pilot

Edited: 3/12/2024

(Narrator's POV)

Christina had been living on the streets for a couple of months now. She picked up a new name, Alex. She survives by pickpocketing people, which she's good at. She then learned about something called the Particle accelerator. She heard people on the train talking about it. That is where she ran into this man and an old guy. She snuck past them and stole the young man's wallet. Once the train stopped, she quickly got off, and walked away from it, to not make it look suspicious. Once she knew she was far enough, she took out the wallet and saw the ID in it. She was shocked to see the name, Bartholomew Henry Allen. She looked shocked to see the name Barry again, after all, that is her brother's name. She quickly took the money and threw the wallet down, but made sure to look like someone else dropped it. She learned that from her brother...fake your innocent, and throw someone else under the bus. She walked to the one place she liked. Jitters. She gets there and walks inside. She walked up to the counter, and the worker looked down at her with a smile. This is something Alex was able to adapt to, being able to pick up someone's TRUE emotions. This lady named Mary Rivers wasn't faking her smile, that's why Alex liked her so much.

Mary: "Alex, it's nice to see you. How was your day?"

Alex: "It was good. Mother and Father took me to the zoo!"

Mary smiled, believing her words. Alex had to lie and tell her that her parents let her roam the city by herself, so she doesn't question her as to where her parents are, then have her call the cops. She knew CPS would send her to a different Foster home then. She didn't want to be stuck in that abuse any longer. She wanted to find her dad. Alex bought her food and drinks, then walked over to the furthest tables, so no one would talk to her. She pulled out her laptop, which she took out of a trash can. She was shocked someone threw out a working computer. She felt almost as if she could relate to it. She started trying to look up any information she could on her dad. All she had gotten so far, was that he lives in Central City, and works here, but she doesn't know what job. His dad is in jail for killing his mother in front of him. She felt like they could bond over that. That is all she got on her dad. Just then she heard the bell jingle and looked over to see her least favorite person.

Mary: "Oh, Iris. Thank god, you're here. My break started an hour ago."

Alex could hear the annoyance in Mary's voice when she spoke. Knowing she was upset with Iris for being late to work. Iris tightly smiled and nodded her head. She went behind the counter, and Mary started her break. Alex went back to her research, trying not to pay any mind to Iris. She hates Iris. She annoyed her to no end. She kept on trying to talk to her, trying to get to know her. Trying to pry into her life. Asking her where he parents are, and why they let their daughter on their own.  Alex drank her coffee and then heard someone walk up to her. She looked up to see Iris. She initially groaned, not being in the mood to talk to her.

Iris: "Alex, hey."

Alex tightly smiled at Iris and set down her cup. She felt like she wanted to stab someone if Iris asked her about her parents one more time.

Alex: "Iris, hey. Is there something you need?"

Iris smiled and nodded her head. She then sat down in front of her, and Alex looked at her shocked and annoyed. She didn't understand how Iris could still have a job here if she was sitting there when she was supposed to be working. I mean, there is no one at the counter right now, and the line is getting longer.

Iris: "I just wanted you to know, I talked to my dad...about your parents."

Alex looked at Iris shocked and upset. That means she told her dad about her "Concerns" and as a cop, he's gonna investigate her "parents" Once he finds out the truth, he's gonna take her in, call CPS, and back to Foster care she goes.