Chapter 33: Battle of the Dads

(Alex's POV)

I was at the lab as my father raced around the city, stopping bad guys. 

Barry: "What you got for me, Cisco?"

My god, doesn't he ever take a break? Doesn't he need to get back to his day job before his boss fires him? Or at least, people will start to question where he was.

Cisco: "You've been playing good samaritan all morning. Take a break. Are you sure you don't want to get to CCPD?"

Alex: "Yeah, before your boss fires you for not showing up, or people start to question where you are."

Harry: "Your daughter is right, Barry. Also, we can't afford to waste any more time."

Cisco: "What, 'cause we've just been sipping Mai Tais since you got here?"

I looked over at Cisco confused. Harry doesn't have a cup in his hand, only he does and I'm pretty sure that's coffee, not Mai Tais.

Harry: "I don't know what you have been sipping since I got here, but Barry needs to get better, stronger, faster. We need to train to prepare for Zoom."

I nodded my head agreeing with Harry. Dad needs to train to get faster than that demon, so we don't have a repeat of what happened last time.

Cisco: "Oh I see. You haven't had your coffee this morning."

Harry turned to look at Cisco annoyed. Oh, yeah he definitely didn't have his coffee this morning. We snickered as Harry looked at us annoyed.

Harry: "I had my coffee this morning."

Cisco smirked as he looked smug. He tilted his mug and Harry looked at him annoyed.

Harry: "Don't slurp."

Cisco slurps anyway, and Harry looks at him annoyed.

Harry: "Don't...don't. Don't"

He slurps even more just to annoy him. I smiled, happy that Cisco was finally comfortable around Harry. Just then the computer chimed. Cisco put down his cup and looked over at it.

Cisco: "Runaway chemical transport truck heading south on Kester."

Barry: "On it."

We waited there for some time for Dad to finish the job.

Barry: "Hey, I can't stop the truck! Somebody rigged it!"

I looked at the map confused. Who would rig a chemical truck?

Cisco: "You can't let that truck crash. If you do, you'll take out a whole city block."

Barry: "Great. Thank you. Thank you for that."

I hacked into the street cameras to see the truck. I looked around until I saw a (Name) on the ground. I just thought of a great idea for Dad to stop the truck.

Cisco: "Uh, dead-end up ahead. You got to get out of there!"

Alex: "Dad, there's a (Name) on the ground. Use it to take off all the tires!"

Barry: "Good idea, Alex!"

I watched as Dad grabbed the (Name) and took off all the tires of the truck. It slid on the ground, until it came to a complete stop, just barely crashing into the wall. I snapped out of it and looked over at the others.

Barry: "That one was a little close. Thanks, sweetheart!"

I smiled, happy that I could help.