Chapter 29: Enter Zoom

(Alex's POV)

Okay, so some days passed and Dr.Light refused to say anything. I find it worrying that we now had FOUR people talk about Zoom as if he wasn't a human being. First was Atom Smasher,  then Jay, then Harry, and now Doctor Light. It's been a few days of nothing happening after we caught Doctor Light. Nothing seemed off...well...besides the fact that Jay is missing. I looked over at Caitlin, who was sitting at her desk. She looked over at me as well. We were both worried since Jay just disappeared and no one heard from him.

He was pissed off that we were listening to Harry and not him. He was pissed off that we wanted to do something about Zoom. And while I get his concern about Zoom...we can't just sit back and do nothing. Just then Dad comes into the Cortex, telling us how Doctor Light FINALLY said something to him about Zoom. He told us what she said and we stood there, looking at him shocked.

Caitlin: "Zoom wants Doctor Light to send him your new emblem."

Dad sighed and nodded his head.

Barry: "Yes. We need it for bait. If we can get Doctor Light to take my emblem, and throw it through the breach, then Zoom will come to collect my body, and we can trap him."

Okay, why does that sound like something from Teen Wolf? I mean, the whole season with the Deadpool.

Cisco: "You know it took a lot of work to make that emblem, right?"

Dad looked over at Cisco but then looked back at Caitlin. She looks unsure, and so am I. Why should we believe Doctor Light when she tried to kill Linda?

Caitlin: "This is the woman who was willing to kill Linda in order to escape Zoom, but now she's willing to help us catch him?"

Dad sighed and nodded his head. 

Barry: "She knows it's the only way."

Yeah...I don't think you actually talked to her about this part of the plan yet.

Harry: "Before I left Earth-Two."

I looked over to see Harry walking out of the room connected to the Cortex.

Harry: "I worked on a serum to dampen Zoom's speed."

He looked over at Cisco and pointed the screwdriver that he was holding at him.

Harry: "All we would need is for Ramon to develop a weapon to deliver it.'

Caitlin's eyes widened and she looked at him shocked and a bit annoyed. I wonder why she's annoyed?

Caitlin: "Oh, great. That could be this year's cold gun. Maybe ANOTHER criminal can get it, and then we'd have Sergeant Slow." 

Cisco frowned and looked at her slightly offended.

Cisco: "I would NEVER let that happen."

Yeah! For two reasons! One, Cisco learned his lesson the first time, he would NEVER let someone break into S.T.A.R. Labs and steal the weapon. And two...he would NEVER let someone name themselves that. That is a TERRIBLE nickname.

Cisco: "Sergeant Slow is a TERRIBLE name."

I laughed and nodded my head. Caitlin looked at us annoyed. She crossed her arms and glared at us.

Caitlin: "Are we forgetting how much more powerful than Barry, Zoom seems to be?"

Dad frowned, looking a little hurt that Caitlin said that, but she was right. Zoom is so powerful that he's able to turn someone into a killer.

Caitlin: "I mean, if Barry can catch bullets-"

Alex: "What's to say Zoom can't catch whatever you shoot at him."