Chapter 12: The Sound and the Furry

Edited: 13/16/2024

(Alex's POV)

I was sitting in the Cortex with the others, as Barry was out stopping some bad guys. I sat in the middle of Caitlin and Cisco. I watched Barry on the map, collecting data as he ran, and using equations on where the bad guys would go next.

Caitlin: "Oh, Barry, there's an intersection coming up. Hurry!"

Cisco: "This should slow them down."

He pressed a button and the traffic lights switched to red, which made the bag guys go in the opposite direction, slowing them down.

Barry: "Guys, which way?"

I did the math in my head, seeing the numbers flying around. Lines appeared on the map in my head, telling me where the bad guys would go next.

Cisco/Caitlin: "Left/Right."

They looked at each other, and I just sighed.

Cisco/Caitlin: "Right/Left."

Barry: "Stop! You both hear that you're telling me two different things, right?"

I sighed and shook my head. Dad wheeled but to us, and got between Caitlin and me. I looked over at him, and he looked at me. He nodded his head, and I knew what he wanted me to do. I looked back at the map.

Alex: "Barry, listen up and listen carefully because I'm not gonna repeat myself. Here is what you need to do. The Queen is trying to make it to the bridge, but I found a shortcut, wait for it, and left, left, right."

Barry went the way I was telling him, and Dad seemed proud of me. That made me happy.

Barry: "I see her!"

Alex: "Make her go west before Fremont."

Barry: "Okay, how?"

Harrison: "I'd recommend a detour."

He looked at me and smiled, I nodded my head.

Alex: "The king is headed for the entrance to the interstate."

We watched as Barry sped over to the King, and blocked off his path with a pair of construction stuff.

Barry: "What entrance?"

Harrison: "Atta boy."

We then watched as all the bad guys met up in the same place, they all seemed so lost and confused. Barry sped over to them.

Harrison: "Check-"

Barry sped around them, which shocked them.

Barry: "Got the keys."

Harrison: "Mate."

I smiled at Dad, and he smiled back at me. Just then there was a gust of wind, as Barry sped into the Cortex. Cisco jumped up from his seat, grinning.

Cisco: "Give me some! Yeah!"

They high-fived each other, and Caitlin smiled at Barry. She walked up to him and wrapped her arms around him. I saw how his heart skipped a beat, but he hugged her back. She kissed his cheek, and he looked flustered by that. She then realized what she just did, and blushed in embarrassment.

Caitlin: "I-I'm sorry."

Barry smiled and shook his head. He then kissed her cheek, and she blushed even more. Her heart was racing.

Harrison: "Efficiently done, Mr.Allen."

Barry smiled and nodded his head. He's getting faster, and I think he's happy about that. It won't be long until he's faster than the Reverse Flash.