Chapter 27: The Furry of Firestorm

(Alex's POV)

Dr.Stein was shaking on one of the med beds as he flared up. His flames were blue this time. I am standing next to Caitlin as Barry and Cisco hold him down to keep him steady.

Caitlin: "Hold him steady!"

I scanned him to see that his vitals are dropping out. His head burst into blue flames. Caitlin attached a couple of wires to him before she pulled her tablet to her, checking what was really going on. Which I don't understand. They have me for that.

Alex: "He's dropping out!"

Cisco: "Here."

I looked over at them to see Cisco let go of Dr.Stein, and Barry hold him instead. Cisco was doing something. I scanned Dr.Stein once again to see that his vitals were going lower, we were losing him.

Alex: "Cisco, we're losing him!"

Cisco: "Got it!"

He ran over to Dr.Stein and placed something on his chest. It was the contraption that was used for Ronnie. He ran over and grabbed his tablet.

Cisco: "Come on, come on, come on, come on."

He typed away and I watched as the contraption wrapped around Dr.Stein's chest. This helped, as he calmed down, stopped shaking, and the flames died down. I scanned him again to see that his heart rate went back to normal and his vitals were going back up a little bit. Not to the point they were healthy, but to the point...he wasn't...you know...dying. Barry slowly let go of Dr.Stein, we watched him just in case it didn't work and he was gonna flare up again. But after a few minutes of nothing happening, we all calmed down. 

Cisco: "Oh, Dios mio."

Barry: "He's getting worse."

I nodded my head, really worried about the old man. 

Cisco: "Look, I did what I could to re-engineer Dr.Wells's original stabilizer to quell the reaction, but I don't know what he used as a power source. The best I could find was the one from his wheelchair."

We left the room and walked into the Cortex.

Caitlin: "And how long will that last?"

Alex: "Well, that's the problem. You guys had already used up most of its energy trying to dampen Meta's powers during your little rogue air trip with Weather Wizard and company. I think we got a few days tops."

Cisco nodded his head and Barry and Caitlin looked shocked and worried.

Barry: "And he's stuck in bed?"

I nodded my head. I don't want him moving around, just in case he falls down like that again. Don't need him hitting his head on anything.

Cisco: "Yeah. When he wakes up, I'm gonna transfer the stabilizer to this, give him a power cane, get him moving."

Alex: "That, but also if he has another flare-up, we don't need him falling down and hitting his head on anything."

They nodded their heads.

Barry: "We gotta figure out a way to save him."

Caitlin: "I think Alex and I might know how to do that."

I looked over at her confused. What does she mean by that? She walked over to the computer table and we followed her. She clicked a button and an image popped up on the screen at the front of the Cortex. We looked over at it.

Caitlin: "When the Particle Accelerator exploded, the dark matter that collided with Professor Stein fused with the Firestorm matric and altered the normal molecular processes that occur within his body. Those highly reactive molecules needed something to bond with in order to stabilize."