Chapter 10: The Man in Yellow Suit

Edited: 3/13/2024

(Ace's POV)

It was now Christmas, I never really loved this holiday, as If I hadn't told you people before. My mother never let me celebrate Christmas, the only time that I ever did, was if my stepdad wasn't working, or we were at church. When that happened, I had a blast. Our church threw the best Christmas parties. I would get a lot of presents from my father, family members, and even members of the church. But the moment that day was over, and my stepdad was back out working, my mother would take all the presents that I had gotten. She would either give them to my brother, who would rub them in my face. Or she'll donate them to charities, and I knew I couldn't complain about it because I would be seen as the evil one for wanting to be selfish and take toys from kids who deserve them. So after some time, I started to loathe the holiday. Then after my stepdad killed my mother, the secret was out. The church wanted nothing to do with me, and all the people who had shown me so much love...shunned me for being a sign of sin.

I was sent to a foster home, in Texas. It wasn't nice, but it only would get worse on Christmas. While my foster parents gave their kids presents, I was forced to work on the farm. I think it was because it was Texas...that place doesn't get cold. But after my foster father tried to molest me, I was bounced around foster homes. They weren't so great, and all the time, I wasn't treated nicely on Christmas. This one time, during the middle of winter, one of my foster homes forced me to work outside in the cold. I had frostbite, but they didn't care. A neighbor had seen me, took me in to get warmed up, and then called the police. My foster parents didn't want to deal with me, so they sent me back to foster care. So I don't like the holiday, just like Dr.Wells apparently, he doesn't seem to like the holiday as well. I think it's because the Particle Accelerator exploded. But today was different. I woke up and got dressed. I did my hair as well. I leave my room to the living room. I was shocked to see it was decorated with Christmas ornaments. I looked over to the kitchen to see Dr.Wells sitting in his wheelchair, baking something. It smelled good. I walked over to the kitchen.

Alex: "Good morning. Dr.Wells."

He turned to me and smiled.

Harrison: "Good morning to you as well, Alex. How did you sleep?"

I smiled, happy that someone cared about me. I know Cisco and Caitlin do, but I mean, a parent cares about me.

Alex: "I slept well, Dr.Wells. So, um...what happened?"

He looked at me confused but then looked over to his living room.

Harrison; "Oh, I didn't know if you celebrated Christmas or not. Do you?"

I looked at him shocked. I never had a parent figure who cared about what I liked or didn't like. This is new to me.

Alex; "I used to, but I do appericle it, Dr.Wells."

He smiled and nodded his head. He turned around and placed some pancakes on the plate in front of me.

Harrison: "Say, just a couple of days ago, you called me dad. What happened?"

I looked at him shocked. I didn't mean to let that slip out. I know the only reason he adopted me, was to save me from my death. I understand he told me that he regretted not being in my life and all, but I don't know.

Alex; "I...I just don't want to make you feel uncomfortable, sir."

He smiled and shook his head. I looked at him confused.

Harrison: "You won't. Remember what I told you?"

I smiled and nodded my head. I still can't believe I am talking to Barry from the future.