Chapter 3: Fastest Man Alive

Edited: 3/12/2024

(Alex's POV)

I was doing some tests that Caitlin was having me do. It was looking at some computers, and telling her, what information popped up. It was...all of it. I swear, I am a living, human-computer now.

Caitlin: "And you are done."

I sighed as she turned off the computer in front of me. I've been doing this for the past two long hours. 

Alex: "Okay, what did you get from that test?"

Caitlin: "So when the lightning bolt struck Mr. DeVo's helmet, it traveled over to your computer, fusing your mind with it. It's also what saved your computer from any damage. Your mind connects to other devices, but it also makes your mind almost-"

Alex: "A computer."

She smiled and nodded her head.

Caitlin: "You can see information with just one look. Almost like-"

Alex: "Google."

She nodded her head again. Great...I'm Google.

Caitlin: "But you also can see x-rays and other stuff."

I looked at her shocked.

Caitlin: "It also appears that your brain is developing at a fast rate. That means it will give you knowledge, smarter than Einstein, or even Dr.Wells himself."

I looked at her shocked. I'm gonna be smarter than EINSTEIN!?

Alex: "I'm gonna be gonna then Einstein?!"

She smiled and nodded her head.

Caitlin: "I recommend you to take it slow and rest. Don't stress."

I smiled and nodded my head. We leave the med room, to the Cortex to see Cisco sitting at the computers. Once he saw us, he quickly turned them off, putting a lollipop in his mouth, and turning to us. I could tell by his expression he was nervous. Also, his heart rate was racing.

Caitlin: "What are you doing?"

Cisco: "Nothing."

I noticed how his heart spiked. I guess that means he lied. Why would he lie to her?

Alex: "You lied. Your heart rate went up, and it's racing."

He looked at me shocked, and Caitlin crossed her arms.

Caitlin: "Who were you talking to?"

Cisco: "No one."

His heart once again, spiked.

Alex: "Another lie."

Caitlin sighed and crossed her arms. Cisco looked at me betrayed.

Caitlin: "Are you talking to Barry?"

Cisco: "Who?"

Caitlin glared at Cisco, and he looked scared. his heart rate picked up. Just then the comms turned on.

Barry: "Cisco, there's fire everywhere! Cisco, are you still there?"

We looked at Cisco shocked and confused. Why would Barry be someplace where there is a fire!? Cisco's heart rate picked up, and he looked scared.

Barry: "Everybody's out. What else you got for me?"

I looked at Cisco shocked. Did he send Barry out there, to save people from a fire? Never mind, Barry probably went there himself. Ever since he got his super speed, he's been saving people with them. People started calling him "The Streak"  Caitlin walked over to the comms and grabbed the mic. Annoyed with the boys.