Chapter 7: The Flash Is Born

Edited: 3/13/2024

(Alex's POV)

I sat in my bed, reading the blog post that Iris made. I looked at my computer screen, looking through the satellites on where Iris was. I found her at Jitters. She was sitting down at one of the tables, seeming to waiting for someone. She then frowns when something doesn't happen. I sighed and shook my head. Then there was a knock at my door, and I looked over at it.

Alex: "Come in."

My door opened up, to reveal Dr.Wells. He smiled at me, and I looked at him confused.

Dr.Wells; "I'm heading to the lab. What to come?"

I smiled and nodded my head. He seemed happy about that. I got up, and he closed my door so I could get dressed. I quickly got changed. After I got dressed. I left my room and went to the living room. Dr.Wells was waiting for me. I ran over to him, and he smiled at me. We left the house, and I helped him in the van. We then went to the lab. When we got there, and walked/wheeled down the hallway. 

Caitlin: "Check the math. Your dispersal models don't correlate."

Cisco: "Uh, they do if you factor in the seasonal fluctuations in reproduction cycles."

Dr.Wells and I looked at each other confused. We got over to where Cisco and Caitlin were.

Harrison: "What exactly are we debating?"

Cisco: "The average number of bugs Barry swallows in a day of running."

I looked at them grossed out. Dr.Wells just looked amused.

Harrison: "I look forward to seeing you accept your Nobel."

We get to the Cortex but freeze when we see Barry on the floor. Cailtin's vitals spiked and we ran over to him.

Cisco: "Barry?"

Caitlin: "Barry?! Are you okay?!"

She helped him up and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. She got him to a bed so she could check up on him. I scanned my eyes over his body, x-raying his body to see what was broken.

Ace: "Thirteen fractures and that's just in your hand. You also have a concussion, three cracked ribs, and a bruised spleen. Even with your powers, Barry, you'll need time to heal."

They looked at me shocked, and Caitlin looked back at Barry worried. He had some type of contraption on his hand.

Caitlin: "That's a new record."

He chuckled and nodded his head. Dr.Wells wheeled over to us and sat next to me.

Harrison: "What exactly did you hit?"

Yeah, I want to know that as well. We all looked at Barry.

Barry: "A man. A big, bad man."

Yeah, like that helps us here.

Barry: "His skin changed when I hit him. Like, it turned to metal."

We looked at him shocked. He went after a Meta-human...ALONE! What the hell was he thinking?!

Harrison: "Interesting. A man of steel."

Cisco: "So, you went after a Meta-human alone? Dude, why didn't you call us?"

Barry: "I didn't know what he was. Besides, I was off-duty."

I looked at him confused. when is he ever "off-duty" the last I checked, being a superhero is an everyday job. Caitlin hummed and Barry raised an eyebrow at her.