Chapter 13: Crazy For You

Edited: 3/31/2024

(Alex's POV)

I watched on the street camera that I hacked into, as firefighters were trying to put out the fire on the car. I watched as Barry raced to the car and quickly got the other person out of the car, just as it exploded into flames. The man, who from the information I got on him, was the husband of the girl that Barry just saved, yelled out his wife's name, thinking she had died. 

Barry: "I gotcha."

The man turned around to see Barry in his Flash suit, and his wife. He looked so relieved to see her and yelled out her name once she ran over to him. They hugged each other, and they looked over at Barry with smiles on their faces.

Man: "Thank you, Flash."

Barry smiled and nodded his head, he then sped out of there, probably coming back to the lab. In the blink of an eye, Barry was sitting in a rolling chair with his suit back on the mannequin. I looked at it to see it was covered in dirt, ashes, and a few smudges of dirty rainwater. I knew how Cisco was when it came to the suit, so I looked over at him, but he didn't seem that upset about it. He high-fived Barry and got the supplies he needed to clean the suit. 

Cisco: "Dude, that was insane. I mean, even I'm having a hard time getting mad at you for dirtying up my suit."

He used a towel to clean the smudges on the suit, and Barry looked at him a little upset about Cisco calling the suit his. I get it though, he's the one who wears it, but Cisco is the one who made the thing.

Barry: "Okay, when are we going to start considering it my suit?"

Alex: "Cisco made it."

Cisco grinned and nodded his head. He seemed happy that I was on his side.

Cisco: "I'll also be more comfortable with calling it OUR suit."

Barry looked at Cisco shocked but laughed and nodded his head. Just then Caitlin walked over to Barry and looked down at him with a smile. Their heart rates picked up when they looked at each other, so it's no secret that they like each other.

Caitlin: "Tonight was the fastest you've ever run."

Harrison: "Yes, your training is paying off."

I looked over at Dad, as he wheeled over next to me. He seemed almost proud of Barry, but that makes sense, with him being his younger self after all.

Caitlin: "That couple is alive tonight because of you."

She smiled and placed a hand on his shoulder. I swear I saw Barry blush at this. I am happy that he is over his stupid crush on Iris now, even though I hate him for not telling me about being my dad, he doesn't deserve whatever hell Iris was gonna bring him to.

Barry: "I can still get faster. I know I can."

He got up from the chair and walked over to Dad and me. He stood in front of us, and Dad smiled at him. He nodded his head.

Harrison: "And you will one day, I'm sure. But for today, I'd say you fulfilled your save quota. Proper rest is what you need, as do we all."

Cisco: "Better yet."

We looked at him, to see him holding up his pointer fingers in the air, and he had a mischievous smirk on his face. This isn't good...is it?

Cisco: "What we all need is a proper drink. Who's up for a round?"

I looked at him shocked. I am a minor I can't drink, or did he forget that?

Alex: "I'm a minor, Cisco, or did you forget?"